1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO - I DONT KNOW?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by swarcup, Sep 28, 2009.

1. swarcup

swarcup Well-Known Member

[Sep 28, 2009]
    PLEASE HELP

The first question i hope is straight forward i have a 2001 a4 avant quattro sport 180 engine no AKE

im told by audi there are 2 temp senders, 1 for the ecu (green with 4 wires on) which i have changed and 1 for the temp guage(poss black 2 wires on) where is the location of the 2 wire sender and how to access it would be appreciated. reason is temp guage is reading low and occasionaly stops working so need to change sender first

my other question is how the dickens do you remove the boot door linings to access rear of number plate lights- ive tried removing the 2 bolts behind the warning triangle and the two in the grab handles but it is still fixed somehow- anyone know how it is done?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Jan 25, 2015]

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Sep 28, 2009]
    With reference to your second question, I have never done it but have seen questions on it. I think after those fixings are out it's just held in by 'clips'. It just requires a good firm but gentle pull and it should come free, but as I say I can't actually speak from experience ....
  4. b00zehound

b00zehound Member

[Sep 28, 2009]
    been doing this today on the avant.....there are 4 screws to remove on then it pulls off. It is a bugger of a job to get it off
  5. yendall24

yendall24 Member

[Sep 28, 2009]
    i was always under the impression that the green temp sensor 4 pin sent info to both the ecu and the gauge ? there is one similar black sensor its in the bottom radiator hose but i think this one is for the electric cooling fan every time i have had a temp gauge problem i have only ever changed the green one
  6. BILKO1

BILKO1 Member

[Sep 29, 2009]
    Just the four screws and pull really hard all that holds it on are sping clips that are really strong. I used a plastic wedge so i could get my fingers under the trim then pulled like hell.
  7. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Sep 29, 2009]
    Yer if its got a 4 pin sensor its combined dashboard and ECU.

Earlier cars had two (like pre mid-90's models)