1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To/Guide Section for each model section

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BlueSpark, Mar 2, 2012.

1. BlueSpark

BlueSpark 6th Gear

[Mar 2, 2012]
    Hi, i've recently seen lots of knowdledgable people on this forum kind enough to start threads explaining step by step with pictures of how they installed their recent upgrades. I find these very useful, but as they are threads in normal sections they tend to get forgotton or pushed too far back that a search is required to find them. Therefore a Howto/guide section within each model section would be useful to put these sort of threads in and also helpful to new users not needing to start a new thread to find answers.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 2, 2012]
    Any member who believes a thread should be made into a sticky let a moderator know,the forum is all about helping the members and letting useful threads die is not in our interests.
    Thanks Ron
  4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Mar 2, 2012]
    I've done it in the B6 section into a sticky titled "DIY Guides and FAQ" - yet it still seems that the majority of people post a thread before searching......

I don't have the knowledge of specific model problems to do it in all the forums though.
  5. BlueSpark

BlueSpark 6th Gear

[Mar 2, 2012]
    Hi Voorhees and quattrojames, thanks for your replies. I've just had a look at the B6 section and quattrojames that is awesome. One simple reference point to look for guides/links to guides. i think something similar should be made for all sections especially the 8P section.lol :p
  6. quattrojames

[Mar 2, 2012]
    There are mods with far more A/S3 knowledge than me, but if you get stuck, PM me all the links that you feel should be in there and I will do it.
  7. ColganRaz

ColganRaz Member

[Apr 25, 2012]
    I was just about to post on this!

I think you could create a stickied how to folder with sub categories within each model section...

I personally would be more than willing to write some how to's showing how to replace brake disks/pads and do a service etc
  8. quattrojames

[Apr 25, 2012]
    As I said below, if you write the threads and send me the links I will put them in a thread and sticky it in the relevant model section.