1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fit RS4 pedals?

StagsyA4 Feb 16, 2009

1. StagsyA4

StagsyA4 Member

Hi guys!

I know this might sound like a bit of a lame question but how on earth do you fit the RS4 pedals?

I have tried heating them up with a hairdryer, warm water, using fairy liquid too! Even worse, I can't even get the standard rubber pedals off (apart from the accelerator pedal which came off quite easy). The brake and clutch pedals are a nightmare! :sos:

Any ideas or do I just need patience and perseverance?

Cheers,

Chris

2. leecs3

leecs3 thinking about stuff

you need to get the standard rubbers of first. Cut the return edge top and bottom and pull them off. Personally i fitted Phaeton pedals as there much nicer looking than RS4 ones and half the price.

3. MattS5

MattS5 Active Member

Put them in boiling water, leave them for a good 5 mins, then just get stuck in with them. It will hurt your fingers, but after 4 or 5 mins, they just go on.
    Mine did, but boy was a i swearing.

(try getting a small flat blad screwdriver behind them to lift the rubber edge off the back of the pedal too)

4. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

Don't cut anything!!

Get a hairdryer and warm them front and back. Ease the old ones off.

Warm the pedal and the cover and slip the new one on. Curse a bit. Warm a bit. Ease a bit until on.

Get uncut originals for when you change cars and want to put them back on and sell the stupidly priced RS4 ones

:)

5. StagsyA4

StagsyA4 Member

Cheers for the info guys! I will give it a try this weekend and let you know how I get on!!!

6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Are you serious you pansy, lol, get your hands dirty & have some sores to show for the effort you sissy, lol

Just messing but I dont recall these issues