How To: Fit Aluminium S3 Pedals

never even thought of this upgrade but after seeing this how 2 it is definatley going to be getting dun in the near future

cheers for the idea

It really is a great little interior mod for the price/effort required.

Hi,

I consider myself to be pretty much still a newbie on the site, so I’m not sure if it is the correct thing to do, by resurrecting an old thread, but I think this might be useful information to anyone thinking about doing this mod.

After reading through the previous posts on this thread, I thought I quite like this idea, so I started to look for the pedal set on line, the e-bay seller from the Czech Republic seems to have ceased trading now, so I drew a blank there. After some more searching on line, I found that I could buy the pedal set from Germany for about £120, which seem rather steep to be honest.

However, contained in that sellers information it stated that the same pedal set would fit various other model VW’s & Skoda’s, so I started looking for the same kit but aimed at these brands/models.

I eventually found a set of Skoda Octavia RS pedals, which look exactly the same as the Audi S3 pedals on e-bay for £54 brand new from a Skoda main dealer, which seems a decent price to be honest. And after a conversation with the dealer I ordered a set.

The only things that slightly concerns me about fitting them, is that the dealer said on occasions when installing the accelerator pedal, it can cause a fault & the car will go in to limp mode.

Has anybody experienced this when fitting the pedals?

They are sold as ‘plug & play’, so if it does cause an error, is it just a case of clearing the fault code in the memory or do they actually need hard coding in?

My plan for installing them, is not to turn the ignition on or start the car until the pedal is installed. Has anybody got any other suggestions about tackling the accelerator pedal installation to prevent an error occurring?

Thanks in advance.

Hey man

Never had an issue with error codes once mine was connected. This was for my a3 8p, but I got my pedals of the checzh site. You'd want to make sure the pedal has the dsg click button on the acceleration pedal if your car is a dsg (I'd assume it is since we're talking of limp mode)

If you get an error straight after acceleration but the car still drives, then perhaps error clear on vagcom. (you shouldn't though unless it's not connected correctly or pins are different on the pedal connection)

If the pedal has the same amount of connection pins as your oem pedal I'd assume you'd be sweet.

And wait 15mins after ignition is off before you disconnect the oem pedal.

Make sure don't rip any wires out of the connection socket and that you unlock the release clip before removing the socket loom connecter from the pedal.

Last edited:
Thanks for the rapid response Hoesty.
Yeah, I’m hoping all will be good and it’s an easy install, I was just trying to have all the bases covered, as I didn’t want to have my car sat on the drive over the festive season, if things went wrong.

Sorry,I should have mentioned my original post that the car is a manual & on the 8P chassis.

I think all Audi's have a ‘limp’ mode of sorts, it’s my understanding that the ECU limits the available power in relation to perceived engine related faults.

Thanks again I really appreciate the help.

all good. just take your time and don't rush it. I pulled a wire put of my connection and I thought it was the end lol. if you read back in this thread you'll see.

good luck, nice quick mod if all goes well.

Hi Folks, just a quick update. I finally got around to fitting these pedals today using the 'how to guide' and other tips mentioned above, so thank you. The hardest part (as already stated) is getting the accelerator pedal out, but when that's that done its all plain sailing.
Just to confirm the Skoda Octavia RS pedals do fit and do not cause an error code (as yet).
I'm really chuffed with the look.
Thanks again.

Reactions: Hoesty
Good stuff. Looks good and it should all be like that from factory :)

Hi Folks, just a quick update. I finally got around to fitting these pedals today using the 'how to guide' and other tips mentioned above, so thank you. The hardest part (as already stated) is getting the accelerator pedal out, but when that's that done its all plain sailing.
Just to confirm the Skoda Octavia RS pedals do fit and do not cause an error code (as yet).
I'm really chuffed with the look.
Thanks again.

Hey,
Do you have the link for where you bought them from please?
Thanks!

Hi,
Sorry for the delay in replying.
I purchased my set in Dec 2015, so had to search on line for the retailer again.
I think this link should take you to the pedals that I purchased on E-bay from a genuine Skoda dealer.
They are the Skoda Octavia RS pedals in Stainless steel /alloy finish (not chrome) but they exactly the same as Audi RS pedals etc, but a lot cheaper.

Hope this helps.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SKODA-OCTAVIA-MK2-1Z-MANUAL-CHROME-PEDAL-KIT-1Z2064200/321972951667?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20140107083358&meid=4c835e33889a43d099263a6fe6933e53&pid=100011&rk=1&rkt=2&mehot=lo&sd=331638266661

Last edited:
Reactions: maxpayne
Awesome! Thank you very much sir!

Hi,
Sorry for the delay in replying.
I purchased my set in Dec 2015, so had to search on line for the retailer again.
I think this link should take you to the pedals that I purchased on E-bay from a genuine Skoda dealer.
They are the Skoda Octavia RS pedals in Stainless steel /alloy finish (not chrome) but they exactly the same as Audi RS pedals etc, but a lot cheaper.

Hope this helps.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SKODA-OCTAVIA-MK2-1Z-MANUAL-CHROME-PEDAL-KIT-1Z2064200/321972951667?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=20140107083358&meid=4c835e33889a43d099263a6fe6933e53&pid=100011&rk=1&rkt=2&mehot=lo&sd=331638266661

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update for anyone wishing to save some
The Skoda parts number for the DSG unit is 1Z2064205. You'll note that the Audi parts number is 1K2064205A. I got in touch with the dealer @sparks mentioned earlier and they are happy to supply the kit for £62.
As usual they did warn me about the limp mode and hoping that shouldn't be a problem for 2005 8P Sportback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk