1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to clean N75 valve

dany2k Jan 10, 2011

1. dany2k

dany2k Member

Hi all,
    Can anybody point me in the direction of where the N75 valve is (with a picture if possible) and how to go about giving it a clean... eletrical contact cleaner the thing I need? I've got a couple of days of work and this is just about the only thing wrong with her at the moment, and may as well give it a go :)

Danny

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

ermmm... why do you need to clean it may I ask?

<tuffty/>

3. dany2k

dany2k Member

a bright spark suggested it a couple of posts ago :) nothing to lose, probably needs replacing really but give it a clean if i can!

4. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

What problem is it you have that means you have to do this? when they don't work they tend to throw a code or drop boost to actuator level...

<tuffty/>

5. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

If it's not broken, don't fix it....

6. dany2k

dany2k Member

i'll fill u in mateys, so u dont think im just a madman deciding to clean his n75 just because he's bored :)

on the 0-30 sprint i feel a slight 1/2 second worth of hesitation: enough of a hesitation for *insert random boy racer car* to gain a decent foothold.

vagcom flagged up something that pointed towards the n75 valve too: 17963 charge pressure maximum limit exceeded

it also flagged up something else recently which hasnt come back yet: something relating to the pre-cat o2 lambda sensor.

any ideas..?

7. hades-

hades- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

i doubt you can clean them
    just buy a new 1 if needed

8. <tuffty/>

Check pipes for leaks would be the first thing then get the actuator tested for opening pressure... a boost gauge would be useful to check what boost there is to trip this as would a few logging runs with VAGCOM...

Not entirely convinced the N75 is at fault here tbh... N75 issues are usually accompanied with N75 fault codes... a new valve is around the £50 mark, expensive if thats not the prob... do you have access to VAGCOM?

<tuffty/>

9. dany2k

dany2k Member

uv got a point re. the new valve: if im being honest, i changed the MAF in similar circumstances :-( i do have access to vagcom, what should i be looking for? could the lambda sensor fault point to something?

10. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

Normally the Lambda...

11. quattro1

quattro1 Member

heres the n75 mate, check all pipes going to and from it for splits :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

12. dany2k

dany2k Member

cheers matey, much appreciated! i'll have a look when the sun rises :) oh... and very nice and clean engine bay btw well done!

13. quattro1

quattro1 Member

sadly not my bay :( lol mine doesnt look too disalike though!!! :laugh:

;)

14. deano8406

deano8406 New Member

where would the best place be to get a new n75?

15. thegoal007

thegoal007 Another S3 owner....

tps.