1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to check Xenons

PhilMill63 Dec 23, 2012

1. PhilMill63

PhilMill63 Member

Hi, well S4 ownership is going well, just keep finding excuses to drive! One thing, the headlight adjustment seems wrong, my old B7 had auto lights so when I started i saw the lights go thru the self level set up, but I dont see it happening on the new car, It doesnt have auto lights so how can i check the self level??

Thanks.

2. Ste_Nova

Ste_Nova Active Member

just turn the lights on and watch?

3. AudiB7Jay

AudiB7Jay Member Audi A4 S-line owners group Team Aruba Blue saloon TDi Manual

Park I front of a wall n push on each quarter to see if they auto level.

4. PhilMill63

PhilMill63 Member

They dont move when turned on! I wasn't sure if the did it when the ign was switched on rather than the lights?

5. kite

kite Member VCDS Map User

Try switching lights on before starting.

6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Yeap as per Kite, turn on lights 1st then start, if nothing moves then check for errors, bu tbh if there was a levelling issue it would pop up a dis warning.

7. PhilMill63

PhilMill63 Member

Thanks all, i need to get the light adjustment checked, the beams are everywhere and the light is just awful, like having halogens :confused:

8. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Make sure you do this on an mot bay with vcds to set mot mode, so when adjusted manually it will be setup for auto levelling properly.