How to change Tiptronic Oil and Torsen Quattro Oil

B

Buffwesty

Hello guys,

Simple one really, is it possible to both of these jobs with just axle stands and jacks? i.e is it worth my time or should I get an indie to do it?

If so can anyone direct me to a good DIY? I cannot find a single one for the Quattro and very little on the transmission....

Many thanks.

Ben

Why are you doing this? Is there a noise/slipping issue with you gearbox?
I'm only asking this coz I'm thinking of doing this to my 3.0 tdi cab too?
Cheers

Hello.

No problems on mine, just want to extend its life. 74k at the moment so due a change I think.

Hi Mpp.

Ah brilliant. Photos will be a great help!

Watching with interest!

Just got a quote from Audi for trans oil....

Transmission Oil GF02 (060 162 A2) 9L: £318.06 +VAT
Torsen Diff Oil GF05 (055 145 A2) 1L: £111.29 +VAT
Front Final Drive (052 145 S2) 2L: £44.96 +VAT
Rear Final Drive (052 145 S2) 2L: £44.96 +VAT

Holy hell the torsen diff oil is the most expensive oil I have ever seen basically £140 per L!!!

Personally I wouldn't do the torsen diff unless you have a problem Trans and Final drives yes, but torsen no, that is extortionate! Also Audi recommend lifetime as most transmission failures are due to contaminated oil, which usually happens when the oil is changed....

I am also watching with interest.
I don't think I'd attempt this myself at the moment or even get Audi to do it unless I had a transmission problem related to the oil.
From what I have read the 3.0 tdi v6 Quattro tiptronic transmission is one of the better auto boxes Audi have produced, it's not the multitronic which apparently is prone to fail.
Therefore I'm in the mindset that, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
But good luck.

Page 14 on: http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=10580&d=1430159164 shows the lubrication system.

Not sure about the Tiptronic box, but on the S-Tronic from the newer B8 / B9 cars the manual says the car MUST be totally level when doing the change to ensure it is not over or under filled and specifically states using a 4-post lift or a pit. However I'm sure 4 axle stands would work also.

Just something to keep in mind.