How To Change Carpet Mats For Rubber Ones??!

Paulm16

Reaction score
I have recently purchased my brand new A3. I tried earlier today to replace the existing carpet mats front and rear to new rubber ones. This maybe a silly question but please can someone tell me how to take the carpet ones out!!

Thank you
Paul

Don't they just clip in?
However I have asset of rubber mats and just put them in on the top of the carpet ones when I think they may get dirty.

Simple. Just pull them up at the rear of each mat and they will unclip from the floor. Takes quite a tug but don't worry, it will be fine.

Don't they just clip in?
However I have asset of rubber mats and just put them in on the top of the carpet ones when I think they may get dirty.
You need some of this in your life buddy :thumbs up:

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/interior-coatings/i1-smart-fabric/

I've for a 500ml bottle. Done the all the interior mats on the wife's MINI JCW, my Audi A4 & 2 pairs of trainers & I've still got more than half left. The 'new arrival's' mats will be getting the same treatment too.

Manufactured claims up to 3 years durability too :)

Reactions: Minion Bob!
I have recently purchased my brand new A3. I tried earlier today to replace the existing carpet mats front and rear to new rubber ones. This maybe a silly question but please can someone tell me how to take the carpet ones out!!

Thank you
Paul

Push down on the centre "post" and the mat pops up. You won't damage them as I regularly change from carpet to rubber mats. But as veeeight points out make sure you buy the correct ones as there are 2 types - with and without fixing points. My rears have fixing points so need the former.

You need some of this in your life buddy :thumbs up:

http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars/interior-coatings/i1-smart-fabric/

I've for a 500ml bottle. Done the all the interior mats on the wife's MINI JCW, my Audi A4 & 2 pairs of trainers & I've still got more than half left. The 'new arrival's' mats will be getting the same treatment too.

Manufactured claims up to 3 years durability too :)

Thanks for that, I'll be ordering some of that today. But will still use the rubber mats when we go walking as some car parks are a bit muddy and that's easier to clean off a rubber mat than a carpet and I already have them.
Thanks again. Steve

Thanks for that, I'll be ordering some of that today. But will still use the rubber mats when we go walking as some car parks are a bit muddy and that's easier to clean off a rubber mat than a carpet and I already have them.
Thanks again. Steve
Your welcome :thumbs up: