1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to beat a 2000 mustang gt

Discussion in 'TT/TT-S/TT-RS Forum' started by YellowTT, Mar 29, 2004.

1. YellowTT

YellowTT New Member

[Mar 29, 2004]
    My friend has a 2000 mustang gt and he talks alot of trash. I raced him once and I dominated until 60mph. What mods or uprgades do I need to do to beat him. He runs around A 14sec. 1/4 mile. I want to do it without a turbo upgrade.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 28, 2014]

3. YellowTT

YellowTT New Member

[Mar 29, 2004]
    Ok my friend w/ the gt has some sort of small penis dominance problem, I did pull on him alot at first due to the awd, around 3rd gear was when he pulled...hard, I have the launch what do I need to do to finish the deal.
  4. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Mar 29, 2004]
    A remap and a full stainless steel exhaust with high flow cat. should take up to around the 270bhp mark.

Your goal of 300bhp is a bit ambitious without some major mods, as the standard injectors are maxed out at about 270/280bhp. The power upgrade from 225bhp to 270/280bhp really does transform you car!

A FMIC (front mounted intercooler) with give you more power (torque rather than bhp).

A guy I know who has a remapped S3 (approx. 275bhp) can do the 1/4 mile in the low 14s.

What you will notice with a remap is a good increase in torque and you turbo boost pressure will be slightly higher than standard as well.

You could always take out your sub and amp - that would make you go a least half a second quicker for the 1/4 mile! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  5. [Jun 29, 2004]
    you could go with a full cat back system, which is going to give you much more power with a flatter tourque curve. this is where your car is running out of gas. I work for Super Sprint Exhaust Systems and we make an awesome package for your car. contact me for info. jason@supersprintna.com
  6. S3tony

S3tony Member

[Jul 21, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    JASONSUPERSPRINT said:
    you could go with a full cat back system, which is going to give you much more power with a flatter tourque curve. this is where your car is running out of gas. I work for Super Sprint Exhaust Systems and we make an awesome package for your car. contact me for info. jason@supersprintna.com

[/ QUOTE ]
    gonna need more than a cat back! i think imolas3 is rite /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

cheers tony
  7. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[Sep 17, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    David R said:
    Straight line kings? Who needs them....?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hoorah! Tell it like it is... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif