How-to: B7 Avant auto boot opening

Anyone else get this to work? I purchased the Audi A6 struts as advised on here but found they were 500 whereas the A4's are 490 with a lower pressure rating. TIA

In regards to the Saloon version the B7 RS4 have them but not sure if the Avant dose this but in saying this I know the US never got them on their Saloons so it might be an optional extra.

Hi, Looks like an Awesome mod but do you have a link of the compression springs so i take the good ones?

Thx!

I ordered a6 struts as advised in this thread, the same springs etc. cut springs in half, put it all together and fitted. Boot wouldn't close because the springs were still too long. The pressure of the a6 ones look like they're going to rip the tailgate off its mounts. Took them off and ordered new a4 ones. Tried again with springs (don't need to cut them down with a4 struts) and still doesn't work. Not happy with the a4 struts either as they have too much force when open the tailgate and again feels like the tailgate is going to get ripped off. Moral of my story is if it isn't broke, don't fix it...or buy genuine struts, having said that I've never had this issue with aftermarket struts before

i have all the bits ordered for my B6 as per the thread on B6UK on facebook so ill report back when done

Reactions: DrStrange
Would this Auto boot opening retrofit work for the B7 A4 Cabriolet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone had any joy using the original B7 or lower pressure struts?

This is a Nice upgrade!

Beautifull..

I want to this in my car

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Can you tell me the OEM Numbers the gas struts Audi A6?

So have done some research based on the details in the picture Tarkas 188.0132/1 cross match to OEM Febi 4B5827552G (note: there is a note about from chassis number)
so its a mid year change in 2000 so you want the later. I have just ordered some from Federated, will let you know when they come what their number is and if they have removable ends

Upload 2017 10 26 14 13 33

Reactions: DrStrange and Mr_Dude
So have done some research based on the details in the picture Tarkas 188.0132/1 cross match to OEM Febi 4B5827552G (note: there is a note about from chassis number)
so its a mid year change in 2000 so you want the later. I have just ordered some from Federated, will let you know when they come what their number is and if they have removable ends

View attachment 139900

Thanks ;)

Was there no conclusion?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi Guys,

Did anyone tried this on a B6 Avant?
I can´t find the specific dimension of the springs :(

Thank You