How To: 8v Mods and Jobs

I'm looking for a guide on how to retrofit a flat bottom steering wheel. I have a the 3 spoke round steering wheel at the moment, so i'm guessing i can keep using the same airbag. Thanks in advance.

DRL Brightness increase

Tried mine tonight FL car. They are at 127 already. Would the FL car be set up differently??

Also tried chirp when locking and now I get fault code EV_ECM20TFS0208V0906259J (AU37) guess it does not like soething

Reactions: TimWills28
Tried mine tonight FL car. They are at 127 already. Would the FL car be set up differently??

Also tried chirp when locking and now I get fault code EV_ECM20TFS0208V0906259J (AU37) guess it does not like soething

A gentle push in the direction of @DJAlix .. i guess they must be different modules which is surprising...

Reactions: DJAlix
Yeah sent him a full read of my car today.

The code is because VCDS does not know what it is yet. Sent read to Ross-tech as well they are working on a solution for the FL

LEDs are in! Why they're not like this from the factory is beyond me.

I'm going to do this LED mod in my car. I also can't believe Audi are turning out modern cars with 80's looking yellow lights inside.

I got myself a second hand (but immaculate) front lighting module from an 8v A3 that must've had the lighting pack installed. It only cost £25 but unfortunately my car (a 2016 plate A3 Saloon) doesn't have the the correct wiring loom to allow fitment. All but one plug in my car fit correctly. The sunroof plug/socket fit fine as do the microphone and ultrasonics. The problem is with the plug/socket that power and control the lighting function of the module. My loom has a 3 or 4 pin plug and the new module has a socket that needs a 10 pin plug by the look of it.

I was wanting to know if anyone had successfully managed to install one of these LED modules into a car that wasn't originally supplied with one?
Also, does anyone know what function these 6 or 7 extra pins have? I can only think that because the LED module has touch buttons instead of the standard on/off latching switches there is maybe the need to have more circuitry to achieve the same basic function.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply @TimWills28 I'll try pitching the questions to the resident gurus you mentioned. It's so annoying that the LED front lighting module is 90% compatible but just won't quite work as it's designed to.

Send me a pic of the connector I've got a deconstructed full interior look here I might be able to give you the bits

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

Can you retro fit the facelift cup holder lights?

151060.jpg

Picked this lil gem up for under £50 ... can't wait to do the install! @DJAlix will be needed ️
e08d70f04ad4264e358f0d729fa8789e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tele2050, MKC and DJAlix
Picked this lil gem up for under £50 ... can't wait to do the install! @DJAlix will be needed ️

Actually installing one of these for customer tomorrow :)

Is that the *** or BOSE sub?
I take it you're coding it in?
I'm looking at Bose sub to fit into the standard system with an aftermarket amp but I don't want to tap into the rear channels to get the signal.

Keeps us updated Tim!

Is that the *** or BOSE sub?
I take it you're coding it in?
I'm looking at Bose sub to fit into the standard system with an aftermarket amp but I don't want to tap into the rear channels to get the signal.

Keeps us updated Tim!

As far as I'm aware it's the *** sub. Don't think I'm gonna go down the amp route, gonna wire both the sub and centre speaker I'm getting directly into the quad lock connector that goes into the MMI.

I think the stock system MMI's built in amp can accept and power the additional 2 speakers without an amp.

The issue is you need either VCP or someone with it to proper let the MMI accept it I believe.

I'll be doing all the DIY work before taking it to yoda @DJAlix to calibrate it correctly. He's been doing a lot of them recently for peeps to great success.

Reactions: MKC, jjc86 and azibux1
Haha, awaiting rest of parts .. hopefully arrive by midweek so will give ya a shout :)

Customer from yesterday:

Before :(

FullSizeRender squashed

After :)

FullSizeRender 2 squashed

Last edited:
Reactions: Schizophonic, tele2050, jjc86 and 1 other person
As far as I'm aware it's the *** sub. Don't think I'm gonna go down the amp route, gonna wire both the sub and centre speaker I'm getting directly into the quad lock connector that goes into the MMI.

I think the stock system MMI's built in amp can accept and power the additional 2 speakers without an amp.

The issue is you need either VCP or someone with it to proper let the MMI accept it I believe.

I'll be doing all the DIY work before taking it to yoda @DJAlix to calibrate it correctly. He's been doing a lot of them recently for peeps to great success.

I means B&O in my earlier post not Bose lol
Is this possible to put the centre speaker in and the B&O sub instead of the *** sub?

How is the system Tim?

I means B&O in my earlier post not Bose lol
Is this possible to put the centre speaker in and the B&O sub instead of the *** sub?

How is the system Tim?

That's not mine mate, gonna be getting mine done shortly, got sub just awaiting plugs and centre speaker ... then I'll do set up, but that's all I'll be able to show as @DJAlix will be doing what he does to get it active

Reactions: tele2050 and MKC
That's not mine mate, gonna be getting mine done shortly, got sub just awaiting plugs and centre speaker ... then I'll do set up, but that's all I'll be able to show as @DJAlix will be doing what he does to get it active

Ah nice! You can get the B&O tweeters too and change them out, heard it makes a massive difference.
Have you got the part number for the sub, centre speaker and plugs by any chance?

Ah nice! You can get the B&O tweeters too and change them out, heard it makes a massive difference.
Have you got the part number for the sub, centre speaker and plugs by any chance?

Here mate,

Courtesy of @DJAlix

Reactions: DJAlix and MKC

Can the tweeters been swapped out? Is the waiting already there?

Reactions: MKC
Can the tweeters been swapped out? Is the waiting already there?

I believe so, however you need to add a capacitor. I know the B&O centre speaker is a straight swap.
Check it out post #26 by larbel http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/hi-and-mid-b-o-retrofit.281328/, did you ever finish this @larbel?
Yeah spoke to him but still haven't got round to sending an e-mail to @DJAlix for some more info! Will get round to it soon.

I'm a little busy over the next couple of weeks so I've not gone to town on research yet :D lol

I believe so, however you need to add a capacitor. I know the B&O centre speaker is a straight swap.
Check it out post #26 by larbel http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/hi-and-mid-b-o-retrofit.281328/, did you ever finish this @larbel?
Yeah spoke to him but still haven't got round to sending an e-mail to @DJAlix for some more info! Will get round to it soon.

I'm a little busy over the next couple of weeks so I've not gone to town on research yet :D lol

I tested them and never find the time to really install them... There's definitely improvement, but not to the extend that would give me the urge to do it right away, I have so many other retrofit lining up to do LOL

Has anyone had any experiences with the Apr stage 2 and can give any comparison with the MRC tune ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Has anyone took there S3 to stage 3 and can you tell me the requirements and what there experiences of it are ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

How to remove glovebox!

Thought i'd make this whilst i was in process of installing subwoofer and centre speaker!

Hope this helps, do not to my method if you have the chance! Get the pins and push them through! Job done!

Then speak to @DJAlix

Reactions: tele2050 and DJAlix