How To: 8v Mods and Jobs

Slightly off topic I know but I've done this Mod on my S4
Fortunately for me I was able to do it with the Carista App
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/carista-app.237050/

I've only set mine to chirp when I lock the car as I was constantly having to go back to the car to check I'd locked it! Drove me nuts! lol I didn't need to enable the double chirp on unlock
I've also set the rear light to be on when the DRL's are illuminated & enabled the oil temp / lap timer

Reactions: Scotty75 and SW14NY'S
I'm just a busy bee lol was gonna do rear lights with drls but I thought that's too European or Volvo esque for me lol oil temp and lap timer has been done too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: illingworth22 and Bristle Hound

USEFUL TO LET SOMEONE KNOW HOW LONG THEY'RE TAKING TO GET READY LOL

Reactions: A3_Portugal and Bristle Hound
Nice sticky, oil temp and lap timer worked like a charm but i cant get Lock/UnlockChirpMod to work, i can see it in the MMI menu but setting it to on doesnt change a thing. I dont have the factory alarm but i read in the VCDS thread that it works even without it, can you confirm that?

Factory alarm is on all cars I assume. Maybe the chirp needs to be activated on yours? Will check tommorow and get back to you on what acknowledgement signals are active on mine

Nice sticky, oil temp and lap timer worked like a charm but i cant get Lock/UnlockChirpMod to work, i can see it in the MMI menu but setting it to on doesnt change a thing. I dont have the factory alarm but i read in the VCDS thread that it works even without it, can you confirm that?
Question

Alarm chirp by default is configured to work via the standard Audi alarm "horn" and for some markets its an option rather than a standard feature. Greece is normally one of those markets :( There are two things to try however:
  • Run an AutoScan and look for the following under 09:
Subsystem 5 - Part No SW: 5Q0 951 605 HW: 5Q0 951 605
Component: Sirene, DWA 004 0311

If you don't have this then "chirp" will not work. If you do then revert all your alarm chirp settings back to stock and then try coding again as follows:
  • Ignition on
  • Engine off
  • All doors closed but not locked
  • MMI on any mode / menu other than Red / Car (I use Radio)
  • 09 - Central Electronics
  • Adaptation
  • Acknowledgement Signals - Akustische Rueckmeldung Verriegeln = Active
  • Acknowledgement Signals - Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegen = Active
  • Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung = Active
  • Reset MMI (press and Hold MMI Menu Button + Jog Wheel, then press the top right selection button, release all buttons)
  • Once the MMI has restarted navigate to: Menu > Car > Systems > Vehicle Settings > Central Locking Menu
  • Make sure "Tone when locking” is activated.
  • Exit car
  • Test
*Some VCDS coding and adaptations will only work of your doors are closed but not locked.

If you don't have the "sirene" you can still complete then above coding but in addition also complete the following:
  • Acknowledgement signals-Akustische Rueckmeldung Signalhorn = Active
This tells the car to use the "horn" instead of the alarm system :)

Reactions: vsantos69, Orpheus68, 007jrb and 2 others
Question

Alarm chirp by default is configured to work via the standard Audi alarm "horn" and for some markets its an option rather than a standard feature. Greece is normally one of those markets :( There are two things to try however:
  • Run an AutoScan and look for the following under 09:
Subsystem 5 - Part No SW: 5Q0 951 605 HW: 5Q0 951 605
Component: Sirene, DWA 004 0311

If you don't have this then "chirp" will not work. If you do then revert all your alarm chirp settings back to stock and then try coding again as follows:
  • Ignition on
  • Engine off
  • All doors closed but not locked
  • MMI on any mode / menu other than Red / Car (I use Radio)
  • 09 - Central Electronics
  • Adaptation
  • Acknowledgement Signals - Akustische Rueckmeldung Verriegeln = Active
  • Acknowledgement Signals - Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegen = Active
  • Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung = Active
  • Reset MMI (press and Hold MMI Menu Button + Jog Wheel, then press the top right selection button, release all buttons)
  • Once the MMI has restarted navigate to: Menu > Car > Systems > Vehicle Settings > Central Locking Menu
  • Make sure "Tone when locking” is activated.
  • Exit car
  • Test
*Some VCDS coding and adaptations will only work of your doors are closed but not locked.

If you don't have the "sirene" you can still complete then above coding but in addition also complete the following:
  • Acknowledgement signals-Akustische Rueckmeldung Signalhorn = Active
This tells the car to use the "horn" instead of the alarm system :)

This guy is the legend

Reactions: ammo-mcr and DJAlix
Easy really!
Now where do I get that software, where do I plug it in and does anyone have a laptop I can borrow?
VCDS Cable is approx £260 at the moment, and will connect to your cars ODBII port (drivers footwell).

If you are in or around London I can hook you up with any needed mods :)

Reactions: 2P's and TimWills28
Easy really!
Now where do I get that software, where do I plug it in and does anyone have a laptop I can borrow?

Haha yes mate! As Alix said investment if you know how to do stuff, if not hit someone up local to get coding done for you as could cause problems if you don't know what you're doing get something wrong

Haha yes mate! As Alix said investment if you know how to do stuff, if not hit someone up local to get coding done for you as could cause problems if you don't know what you're doing get something wrong

Good point... I forgot to mention that there is a VCDS user map in the VCDS forum section. Locate someone near you and fire them a pm :)

Hi guys I'm interested in these mods but wouldn't be overly confident about getting a cable and messing around myself, how do I find someone to help/do it for me I live in Essex near Stansted airport cheers Andy

VCDS Cable is approx £260 at the moment, and will connect to your cars ODBII port (drivers footwell).

If you are in or around London I can hook you up with any needed mods :)
Thanks very much for the kind offer mate. I'm in Glasgow though

I see that in DJAlix's document there is a place holder for Seatbelt Warning.
Does that mean it is possible to disable the warning?
Thanks

Last edited:
I see that in DJAlix's document there is a place holder for Seatbelt Warning.
Does that mean it is possible to disable the warning?
Thanks
17 - Instruments
Coding
Long Coding
Byte 0
Bit 2-4

Reactions: TimWills28
Thanks for the quick responses

Reactions: TimWills28 and DJAlix
Front Dome Light Remove and LED Install!

Simple when you know what you're doing!

Reactions: 007jrb and ammo-mcr
Front Dome Light Remove and LED Install!

Simple when you know what you're doing!

You need to have the unit out again as you made the same mistake I did when I did this.

The section by the windscreen is held in place by x2 spring clips (sides) and a metal clip that secures in to the roof, which when you remove the white unit (sliding to the back of the car), stays in the roof. The clip lives here normally:

Screen Shot 2016 08 19 at 1545

When you take the unit down again look up to the metal roof and you will see the clip. You will need some long nose pliers to pull it out. Once out slide it in to the white unit and replace :)

You need to have the unit out again as you made the same mistake I did when I did this.

The section by the windscreen is held in place by x2 spring clips (sides) and a metal clip that secures in to the roof, which when you remove the white unit (sliding to the back of the car), stays in the roof. The clip lives here normally:

View attachment 100497

When you take the unit down again look up to the metal roof and you will see the clip. You will need some long nose pliers to pull it out. Once out slide it in to the white unit and replace :)

I did see that clip I assumed it would pop back in when I pushed it back into place as it is in firm and there's no rattles in the last couple days since I've done it

I did see that clip I assumed it would pop back in when I pushed it back into place as it is in firm and there's no rattles in the last couple days since I've done it

Give it a few more days and you will start to hear little knocks from the dome when going around bends. Is a bad design by Audi as the unit feels like it's gonna break if you pull it straight down, so we slide it and the clip slides out of it's holders. If you reinstalled the unit by sliding it back in then you might have put the clip back in place. I tried and found it impossible to do as the clip moves about.

Give it a few more days and you will start to hear little knocks from the dome when going around bends. Is a bad design by Audi as the unit feels like it's gonna break if you pull it straight down, so we slide it and the clip slides out of it's holders. If you reinstalled the unit by sliding it back in then you might have put the clip back in place. I tried and found it impossible to do as the clip moves about.

Most likely I've slid it in but fingers crossed! Thanks! Others can see this and double check before put things back in!

Reactions: DJAlix
Guys anyone installed aluminium footrest? How do I install it?

Reactions: RyanCudlip
Guys anyone installed aluminium footrest? How do I install it?
If you have a LHD car you can source an OEM Audi footrest and install by removing some of the lower door trim. I don't believe RHD footrests are officially available, and in order to install one you would need to remove the center console. 3rd party rests are available and from what I have seen most either screw or glue on.

I'm making my own one in work and screwing it on to the existing plastic one. One of my colleagues did one to match his golf GTD!
b57f01951f430bbb397c0834fdf3a665.jpg

Tidy job mate...
Was that laser cut or milled?
Any chance of the cutter path if any of the above...Cheers..:friends:

Reactions: RyanCudlip
Tidy job mate...
Was that laser cut or milled?
Any chance of the cutter path if any of the above...Cheers..:friends:

The outside profile was band sawed, then filed to match a cardboard template. Then the slots were done on a manual mill. I'm looking in to getting one done in work on our wire EDM machine too

Reactions: pburv
The outside profile was band sawed, then filed to match a cardboard template. Then the slots were done on a manual mill. I'm looking in to getting one done in work on our wire EDM machine too

Lol...Old school..Ha ha..
Class bit of fettling there though..Top marks..:friends:

Reactions: RyanCudlip and TimWills28