How the heck do I get Siri to work through in car Mic?

WetFishDB

Reaction score
I can fudge it by pressing the speech control button and then the iPhone home button. It then passes the audio through to the phone whilst the car then also tries to work out what I'm saying. Just turns into a bit of a mess.

Any ideas? My 8P just used to pass the audio through Bluetooth.

If you plug it in to power in audi and connect via BT then in iPhone settings - general - Siri "allow Hey Siri".

Say hey Siri and does the car then pick up on Bluetooth?

Na. Doesn't work. The in car microphone needs to be switched on somehow but doing so triggers the car's voice control.

Can't speak for Audi as I haven't got mynA3 yet but in my 2012 Civic I attached the iPhone via the Lightning cable and via Bluetooth and then when I held the iPhone's home button down it triggered the Civic to push Siri through the phone app of the car, through the speakers and it displayed the function on the Civics screen as a call. Worked well. Can do a video if u want.

Think it was the same in my 8P, but seemingly not in the 8V. Wonder if it's the stupid voice control that's in-built. Might try turning it off via VCDS if I can find a way.

Supersedes and does a terrible job at it too. :/ Maybe if I can turn of voice control in VCDS I have a chance??

I think it's part of the tech pack high or something. I didn't specifically order it so it probably came as part of something that else.

I think it's part of the tech pack high or something. I didn't specifically order it so it probably came as part of something that else.

No - not so. I have standard A3 with no tech and I have voice control. When the sales person was showing me all the buttons on handover, she said "that's for the voice control, it's cr**p" !!
Of course it may well be that with tech pack it does more (or doesn't!!)

It is much like all the old school voice controls. Very specific commands with a very limited scope. In most cases it's more distracting than just using the MMI IMHO.

I find the voice control invaluable for making calls - it always seems to get it right and I can focus on driving rather than fiddling with the controls!

Mine works well for the most part, happy with it.

Same, use it for making calls, entering nav addresses and Google searching without any problems. Those moaning must have daft accents ;)

Reactions: The Challinor and Brasso
Same, use it for making calls, entering nav addresses and Google searching without any problems. Those moaning must have daft accents ;)

I know what you saying, but how do you request it to play a particular song, or music by a particular artist, which are my main gripes. Plus Siri add something to your reminders when driving without looking at the phone, or any of the wider features available on most voice controls within phones. Siri can do soooo much more and it's been crippled unnecessarily on the 8V which is a shame.

Reactions: The Challinor
You may be aware that SIRI works from the voice control button on the new Mark 3 TT

Access smartphone voice control Such as Siri (iPhone 4S and higher). By pressing and holding the voice control button on the multi-function leather steering wheel you can access the voice control function of the Bluetooth-connected smartphone directly, even while driving.

I doubt we'll ever get this for the 8V.