How often should I service my S3?`

dragonstyle

Reaction score
Hi

Im an owner of a new audi s3 51 plate with 100k on the clock - i was wondering when should i service my car and how often?

it was recently done 3 months ago but how much would you guys recommend to keep the engine running pristine?

the cambelt was done at 99k and has been really well looked after

Welcome bud! I change the oil and oil filter every 6-8k, use good quality oil and a genuine oil filter, the plugs are ok depending on what you have, the platinum plugs last a while so change them as and when required, if it has a oem air filter then change that every oil change, if you have an after market filter (k&n, green, bmc, piper cross, itg etc) then that would just need a quick look every now and then. I think thats about it really, main thing is oil and oil filter and it should run pretty sweet!

Haldex every 20/40k (I do filter and oil every 20k).
Oil every ~5k with proper oil (I like the motul stuff myself) filter
Pollen / Air filter every 10k (or when it looks ****)
Plugs more often than needed if mapped.
Cambelt every 60k or 4 years.

That's pretty much what I've been doing, along with new short engine and new head depending on which month / year we're in :lmfao:

Haldex every 20/40k (I do filter and oil every 20k).
Oil every ~5k with proper oil (I like the motul stuff myself) filter
Pollen / Air filter every 10k (or when it looks ****)
Plugs more often than needed if mapped.
Cambelt every 60k or 4 years.

That's pretty much what I've been doing, along with new short engine and new head depending on which month / year we're in :lmfao:

No wonder my plugs ain't lasting long:laugh:
My cars done 116k and i don't think its ever had the haldex oil changed, is it worth doing, was thinking of having it done last winter but dreading leaks because its never been changed:ermm: