1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How often should I service my S3?`

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by dragonstyle, Nov 11, 2009.

1. dragonstyle

dragonstyle Member

Hi

Im an owner of a new audi s3 51 plate with 100k on the clock - i was wondering when should i service my car and how often?

it was recently done 3 months ago but how much would you guys recommend to keep the engine running pristine?

the cambelt was done at 99k and has been really well looked after

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sandip

Sandip Well-Known Member

Welcome bud! I change the oil and oil filter every 6-8k, use good quality oil and a genuine oil filter, the plugs are ok depending on what you have, the platinum plugs last a while so change them as and when required, if it has a oem air filter then change that every oil change, if you have an after market filter (k&n, green, bmc, piper cross, itg etc) then that would just need a quick look every now and then. I think thats about it really, main thing is oil and oil filter and it should run pretty sweet!

4. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

Haldex every 20/40k (I do filter and oil every 20k).
    Oil every ~5k with proper oil (I like the motul stuff myself) filter
    Pollen / Air filter every 10k (or when it looks ****)
    Plugs more often than needed if mapped.
    Cambelt every 60k or 4 years.

That's pretty much what I've been doing, along with new short engine and new head depending on which month / year we're in :lmfao:

5. Sandip

Sandip Well-Known Member

No wonder my plugs ain't lasting long:laugh:
    My cars done 116k and i don't think its ever had the haldex oil changed, is it worth doing, was thinking of having it done last winter but dreading leaks because its never been changed:ermm: