1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by imported_dumpvalve, Aug 16, 2005.

1. imported_dumpvalve

imported_dumpvalve Guest

Alright chaps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

How's everyone doing?

Just realised after selling my 1.8T that I've still got the rear bumper that came off in place of the S4 bumper.

It's spotless - Excursion (remember him?!) had it resprayed by a VAG friend of his just before he sold the car to me - but I bargained-in the S4 one, so it hasn't even been on a car since it was sprayed. It's in 'Aluminium Silver' (I think that's the colour, anyway. Let's just say silver for now!). Oh, and it's for the B5 saloon, for those of you who are not sure.

Anyway, I was wondering how much I should ask for it?

Obviously (moderators) I'll set up a proper post in The Trading Post once I get your opinions.

All the best lads.

PS: Yaseen - Any development on the next car? I'm well and truly bitten by the retro bug at the moment. Thinking of a B4 2.8 Coupe Quattro. Bright red. Shouldn't be too long now. Yeeessssss!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  2. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Dang! Why couldn't it have been a front bumper?
  3. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

Hey Drew /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

With regards to the bumper- not much for a standard one probably.

Ive seen lots on ebay not sell at all or sell for low amounts- problem is small buyers market as no one buys a spare unless their bumper is actually damaged.

Ring a breaker and ask for a price maybe? then price it slightly under.

Nope- my next car a while off. Was looking through "modified retro cars" mag in Borders other day- nothing really appeals. When i do buy will go to lots of classic shows to find one. Want something really stylish- modern audi`s are so ugly- eg hate the new a3!!

Dunno if still there as it was 2 years ago but the Peugeot museum on Chapmps Elysee had a stunning red convertible which was beautiful. Dunno of model number.
    JDP- my car is today in the "mercedes approved" bodyshop...my front Rieger bumper fell off- was only fitted new around Nov!!! Sticking to small 1 man bodyshops now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif
  4. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    JDP- my car is today in the "mercedes approved" bodyshop...my front Rieger bumper fell off- was only fitted new around Nov!!! Sticking to small 1 man bodyshops now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I had my front bumper resprayed in January. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I crunched my front bumper against a wall in February. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
  5. imported_dumpvalve

imported_dumpvalve Guest

Cheers lads, I'll have a phone around for a price tomorrow.

I know what you mean about the modern Audis Yaseen. I just can't appreciate the big grille thing that Audi are doing at the moment.

Although a B6 S4 screamed past me today and it sounded glorious. At least they still know how to make a good engine!

Not as charismatic as the old 5-pot though............
  6. QuantumJohn

QuantumJohn Member

[ QUOTE ]

Sticking to small 1 man bodyshops now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Know exactly what you mean Yaseen. Will be having work done on my S4 soon. I want to talk to the guy that is going to do the work, not the foreman who has 10+ guys working for him. So I'm sticking with a place where only 2 people do the bodywork.

Drew, if goes on ebay don't expect to get much for it. It just seems to depend on luck as to whether there are several people that really want it. I recently sold the 15" wheels and tyres off my old se spec tdi. Last week some identical ones went for £60. Mine sold for £5.19!

John