HOW MUCH?!

JCC1981

Reaction score
Recently noticed the back washer doesn't work and it seems to be spraying the fluid into the back cover inside the boot! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

rang the stealer to see if its covered under warranty and they said it could be or the tube has come off and they'll charge 80 quid to take the cover off and put it back on again!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

thats a rip off! 80 quid to put a ****** tube back on! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

So it looks like i'm going to have to do it myself if its not covered under warranty. Has this prob off the back washer happened to anyone else? and is it easy to fix myself? plus how do i take the boot inside cover off?

Any help would be great,

JC

HTC I think it was did a series of very detailed posts on how to fix all your rear wash/wipe woes, but in brief:

- Remove 2 Phillips screws from under the handle on the inside of the tailgate
- Pull the tailgate trim off with a sharp tug on the handle. It's very tight and you may find it helps to have someone else hold the boot open while you do this.

Refitting is the reverse of removal.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

hi yes this did happenn on my 52 plate A3 it was covered under warranty. All my wiring had corroded inside.

Ahh cool, hopefully mines corroded aswell...instead of just the tube coming off, otherwise i'll have to give the taking the boot cover off ago

Does anyone know the link to HTC rear washer thread, can't seem to find it?

Yeah, this is the thread - it's in the FAQ thread in this forum:

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/sho...true#Post123298

As mentioned in the thread, you can get a repair kit and do it yourself if it's the metal pipe that supplies washer fluid to the et. Even if it's the motor that's knackered you can still do it yourself. It is a sod to get the boot trim off though.

Yep, the work to fix the problem is easy, did mine last weekend, however getting that ****** boot trim off is a nightmare, I broke mine trying to get it off, still even when I get around to getting a new one it'll be cheaper than getting the stealer to fix.

Cheers bk1, thats great....hopefully i won't have to use the thread guide for takin it all apart myself, but thats really helpful if i have to do it thou /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Many thanks, JC

In one of the old threads I posted an image of the inside of the boot after the trim is removed. It helps show where the clips in the trim are all fixed. It really helps to know where they should be before you start trying to get the trim off.

Yes, it's a common A3 / S3 fault.

It was fixed under warranty in my case.

bk1, i've had a look for the thread u mentioned that shows a picture of the inside of the boot so i know where the clips are that hold the trim on, but can't seem to find it.

do u still have that picture? or know where the thread is?

thanks for your help,

JC

Results....just got back from Dealer, the tube has correded completely so there replacing it all under warranty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

plus i'll get a shiney new Audi to play in next sat while there fitting it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif