How much?

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Is it me or is Supermarket stuff getting more and more expensive?

Went to Tesco's to buy some fruit and veg the other day, and everything just seems so expensive!

makes sence, with increased cost everywhere and poor exchange rates is to be reflected on goods. Im a plumber and the cost of goods have been rising like mad recently.

And they claim inflation is only 3.1% ?!

Domestic fuel, electricity, petrol etc. have risen massively in the last couple of years, and food is following suit.

You get all that for free in prison - hmmmm!

Supermarket prices are always high for essentials as it takes into account the convenience factor, your local shops are alot cheaper, but they are not always in the nicest of locations and you can rarely find parking either!!

Dude i nearly shat myself at the checkout last week and it was only veggies and a few bit.

To often We get our pants pulled down bent over and rogered by the big
dirt tax dildo in this country.

****** me off

oh yeah, so show me a never never card at 3.1% !!!!

Eh?? inflation is 3.1%, its the highest it's been for long long time, I never said credit cards were charging interest at 3.1%, but then thats not surprising.

There is no direct correlation between RPI (Inflation) and Base Interest Rates except that the Bank of England can use them as an easing measure to counteract rising inflation, although not at the moment!

My point, which was slightly tongue in cheek, was that whilst inflation may well be higher at the moment, we are currently enjoying the lowest interest rates we've had for some time, and therefore using a credit card should be cheaper for us (for those that choose to use them). I appreciate that APR on retail borrowing is no where near base rates, but you get my point right?

Sarah, its true feeding a family is tough, especially with all the 5 a day business, they dont make being healthy cheap do they!!!

Paid nearly 3quid for a bunch of grapes the other day!!!!

When I was a kid my mum used to take us to a Pick Your Own place, we'd always get our fruit at the weekends! Not sure if they still exist these days though? And certainly not this time of year either :(

Frigging telling me, unreal what me & bro used to pay just for the 2 of us to eat, its cheaper to get takeaways we worked out, not neccessary healthier but certainly more convenient, thats not to say we followed that route :)

Sarah, its true feeding a family is tough, especially with all the 5 a day business, they dont make being healthy cheap do they!!!

Paid nearly 3quid for a bunch of grapes the other day!!!!

Tell me about it.... grapes and fruit in general are expensive now. I always try to make sure the 5 a day is met. But grapes are our favourites but they have hiked up in price of late!!!! Aldi are a good place for cheap stuff and pretty good too.

Its being done on purpose so they can keep the prices the same when VAT goes to 20%. All a marketing ploy for the future.

LOL....Aldi are pretty good for the 5 a day, but getting in there and having a quick turnaround is a big no no, I went in recently to get some fruit and was in there for an easy 30-40mins!!!

Tescos would have been 5mins max.