how much to repair this scrape ?? bodyshop guys get in here

sheridan94

Reaction score
Evening all

Sadly i scraped my S3 coming down my drive this morning.
See pic
20150323_085404_zpssi0zcjwa.jpg

Its the rear drivers wheel arch.
No denting just a graze.

How much do you guys imagine it will cost at a guess?
I know you can argue how longs a piece of string. but if you would like to give your opinion or tell me of any past experiences it would be much appreciated.

right now I'm gathering a couple of quotes. ranging from:
first company wanting £420 and wanting to do the whole rear quarter
second firm at the very worst coming in at £350
third firm wanting in the region of £150

let me know what you think. Obviously the third one is appealing but i don't have any experience with any of these bodyshops as I've never needed to take my car to one.

cheers

Try something slightly abrasive like a rubbing compound, follow instructions see if that takes any of it off if it does chuck up some more pics get a better idea for a price that way :)

Reactions: irowpod
Try something slightly abrasive like a rubbing compound, follow instructions see if that takes any of it off if it does chuck up some more pics get a better idea for a price that way :)

Ive rubbed out as much as possible without using anything abrasive :)
Im pretty certain that is the very best that i'll get it looking !

£250 -£350 for a rear quarter sounds about right. However for just a scrap like that I would expect it to be under £250 imho.

Where the bodyshop? lol 70 quid per panel is mates rates surely!?

Realistically, £150 per panel if paying cash, add VAT to that if you want a receipt for the work.

I am only saying what I pay. Whom and how depends on where you live etc.

I would be repairing that for £175 all in. I'm a vag approved paint sprayer with my own business. Wants beating out from behind and a light skim of filler (not clagging and painting like some might do)
That way it won't sink and will still hold its gloss.
£100 per panel for paint is average for a good job. Add abit more for repair and high build primer. Gives you an idea of a rough price for a good job.

Reactions: irowpod and jojo
Today i went to the 5th and final shop for a quote. I hear good things about this company as they repair cars for a few local main dealears.

Went there today and have said £200 +vat

All in all £240 and rest assured they will do a good job :)

Reactions: jojo
Today i went to the 5th and final shop for a quote. I hear good things about this company as they repair cars for a few local main dealears.

Went there today and have said £200 +vat

All in all £240 and rest assured they will do a good job :)
Sounds good to me bud.

Reactions: irowpod and sheridan94
The main thing is that they have a good reputation........... price comes second (to me anyway)

The main thing is that they have a good reputation........... price comes second (to me anyway)

Couldnt agree more with what you said there.

Luckily this company who quoted me have a good reputation. They repair cars for local main dealers and do alot of work on rally cars, amd have done a few work colleagues cars over the years, along with the local motorsport shop reccomending them :)

I bet most of that would come off with a good machine polish

Hahaha never mad mate but legendary yes! The mad bit was all a joke by mikey! But I ised to be on the PS3 nightly with mikey rolls hef sim lol so yeah was a massive joke
how u doing mate there's a few ex ccuk on here now,

Last edited:
Hahaha never mad mate but legendary yes! The mad bit was all a joke by mikey! But I ised to be on the PS3 nightly with mikey rolls hef sim lol so yeah was a massive joke
how u doing mate there's a few ex ccuk on here now,

Hahah I was absoloutley certain your user was the same as your insta's when i've come across it!
Im all good :) Yourself ?
I've found a few now in the S3 section, i guess we're all growing up a bit now :p

Yep all grown up got my little lad who's now 2 and another on the way I couldn't be doing with the amount of newbies on ccuk and since splitting the zlet there was no point! How's you mate?

Got the car back on Friday !
Absolute perfect job done. Today was a lovley day so gave the car a propper clean an gave the new quater a layer of Autoglym HD wax :)
(car had a full paint correction less then two weeks ago)
11098427_555074317969127_1992149590_n.jpg

Reactions: jojo