1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much should I pay??

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by imported_CurryMilkShake, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Hi - am going to be leaving my current job soon, and am hoping to be able to purchase my car from them and take it with me.

However, I obviously want to get this as cheap as possible!

WHen making a bid, it would be useful to have some independent evidence of value, as low as poss preferably! I dont want to stitch them up, but I dont want to stitch me up either!!

Its a july 2004 A4 1.9tdi (130) Sport saloon, AMD remap, atlas grey, 43000 miles, multitronic, Symphony, auto lights, auto dip mirror, electric rear windows, armrest etc.. excellent condition, no body blemishes at all, but some scuffs on the alloys (I now live down a long gravel track which really isnt helping ).. its due a service in 3k.. has a new set of rubber all round.. FASH of course.

ive seen the autotrader value - would like to get it for less than this! they put it at £13,545 dealer and £12,195 trade..

any idea how much insurance should be, too?
  2. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

Is the car owned by your employer or a lease company?

I've bought a car from a lease company before and they were not open to negotiation at all!

Kev.
  3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yes same here, they give you a price and you take it or leave it.
    Insurance cost is really more down to the driver & post code these days rather than the car (as long as it's a fairly middle of the road insurance group), just make sure your employer will give you a letter confirming your NCB otherwise you'll get shafted.
    I pay £535 for my 1.9TDi B6 Avant on 01 and that includes business mileage, 9 points on licence, parked on driveway. They probably assume I'll get banned before the cover expires! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
  4. no its owned outright by my employer , we pay cash for every car, we dont lease anything at all..

we normally sell our end of life (80k) cars on ebay, but this has a long way to go yet, so i just have to persuade them to sell it to me.. we are making a number of people redundant, there will be spare cars sloshing about so im hopeful...
  5. trekbiker

trekbiker Member

any thing under 13k would be ok i reckon. does it have GMBH?
  6. Lynas

Lynas Member

You wanna hope they sell you it, or you've wasted the money on that remap... lol.

Give em £11.5k
  7. They paid for the remap!!!

no gmbh, straight sport.. has the boot lip spoiler, colour coded trims etc
  8. Lynas

Lynas Member

[ QUOTE ]
    They paid for the remap!!!

no gmbh, straight sport.. has the boot lip spoiler, colour coded trims etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucky g i t