How much for new grill

steve184

Reaction score
Just come home from work and had a minor bump on way - luckily no paint damage - just damaged the plastic grey centre grill.

Anyone know how expensive this is to replace from experience - presumably it all comes as one piece - centre bit with audi rings and the chrome surround?

Is this a job i should be attempting myself to save some £££££ - or is it best left to the pro's?

Cheers - its an 08MY sport

PS - if anyone has done a black grill conversion and wants to sell their old chrome grill (in good condition then let me know! - i seem to be in the market for one!)

ha audi never do one piece they split it up as possible. grille pieces are main grille, chrome/black surround and rings, then number plate holder! about 200 from stealers!

Hiya steve
I have an 07 s-line grill or is that the wrong one?

PM me if it isn't.

wrong one mate cheers anyway - mines a sport

how easy is it to remove bumper/fit this grill myself? Anyone done it/can offer help?

If its £200 just for parts then i could do with doing it myself to save on labour. Surprised £200

Fairly easy to get the bumper off and take the grill off it, fiddly but do able. Lots of fiddly lugs/tabs. Got mine apart. There is a thread on bumper removal. You can also try Ebay, saw one recently, a brand new one for less than that price!

The grilles are normally sold with the chrome surround and the badge already fitted. If yours is a sport then you dont need to worry about the plate holder and badge as they dont have them!

I think the sport grille works out at £150 from the dealers but there is normally some on ebay as people upgrade to the s line version. check their first.

As for fitting, it can be done without removing the bumper by removing the top 3 bolts and just pulling on it. If your scrapping your old one anyway you don need to worry about snapping the clips off, bonus! 10 minute job, dont pay anyone to do it :)

The grilles are normally sold with the chrome surround and the badge already fitted. If yours is a sport then you dont need to worry about the plate holder and badge as they dont have them!

I think the sport grille works out at £150 from the dealers but there is normally some on ebay as people upgrade to the s line version. check their first.

As for fitting, it can be done without removing the bumper by removing the top 3 bolts and just pulling on it. If your scrapping your old one anyway you don need to worry about snapping the clips off, bonus! 10 minute job, dont pay anyone to do it :)

I'd be careful not to break the bits on the bumper it clips into though! Once it starts to come away its easy then, just getting it started!

So you reckon I don't need to remove the bumper, even though it says so on ELSAWIN? So defo don't pay anyone to do it?

I Just picked up a second hand Sline front bumper and grill for £100 Delivered!
Worth a good look on ebay and even call a few scrappies for the part? you might get a pleasant surprise.

Not keen on 2nd hand really - as cos its at the front its susceptible to stone chips/damage etc (chrome bit especially)

Think i'd prefer just bunging a brand new one on - you cant always be sure what you are getting off ebay but ill keep an eye out - no rush car is still driveable just looks a bit unloved from the front atm :(

There is a supposedly brand new on ebay right now for 95 but the picture doesnt look like an A3 grill (more A4 with sharper curves at the corners) so have sent them an email to check.

hi mate i've had mine sitting in my garage for the last few months which is in pretty good nick

if ur interested gimme a pm

i'll go have a look in a bit but i cant remember there being any noticable damage ie stone chips etc

its off my 06 2.0tdi sport so not sure how much of a difference it'll be from an 08

as for replacing the grille its not too hard to do urself even without takin off the front bumper (how i changed mine... one late evening haha)

mines an 07 mate so it might not be any different - if it looks 'as new' then im interested - can you give it a clean up and take some pics?

i'd like to do it myself and do it without taking bumper off if poss - some ppl say it can be done some ppl say it cant - any tips? I think the thing that worries me is pulling it off and breaking the fixing points on the actual bumper (not ***** about breaking the grill as its fecked anyway)

Did you take this particular grill off without removing the bumper without damaging the grill in any way?

Where you located?

s-line no good for me i need a sport one - im not chopping and changing - just wanna stick with originality

anyone have the link to bumper and grill removal please?