How much for my S3?

dickys3

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunatley I am going to have to sell my S3 as I do too many miles and need a diesel!

I'l be gutted to see it go. I really love the car!

What sort of money should I put it up for?

Spec:-

X plate facelift oct 2000 (MY2001)
S3 Private Number plate
Ming Blue
51K Miles
Full Audi Service History
Black Leather

Options

Heated Seats
Bose
6 CD Autochanger
Parking Sensors

Modifications

AmD Remap
18'' RS4's
Sebring Exhaust
Wheel Spacers
Eibach suspension
Bluetooth Car kit
S3 Private Numberplate

Excellent condition inside and out. New MAF only last week!), New Goodyear Eagle F1's...

Cheers
Rich.

Rich

You have an online picture album where we can see pics of said machine?

I've only got a couple of old photos (before it was lowered) which I took with my mobile phone.

Not the best but you get the idea...

DSC00264.jpg

DSC00263.jpg

i swear i wish i had money. thats wat am looking for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Cracking car Rich

Liking the AS-Net sticker in the back window.

Parkers list your S3 as follows:
(based on 50,000 miles)

Private Good £ 11245
Private Poor £ 7960
Part Exchange £ 9355

Wisebuyers lists your S3 as:

Private Good: £10,269
Private Average: £9,339
Private Poor: £8,409

Bering in mind the mods & the condition that have been done I'd go for around £11,500 but you would have to rely on someone looking for a modified S3.

Failing that i'll hapily swap you my 5 door A3 TDI - lol

Hope it helps

Mike

Thanks Mike.

I was hoping for a little bit more than that as Parkers etc don't take into account any of the Audi optional extras that are on the car e.g. Bose, metalic paint, parking sensors etc

I got offered 11,500 part ex against a new A4 the other day by my dealer so thought I'd at least get £12,000 privately. Is this unreasonable?

I'll try and decide on a price in the next couple of days and stick it up for sale.

If anyone knows anyone who is interested, give me a shout!

Cheers
Rich.

Rich,

I tend to find that parkers can be a little on the harsh side when it comes to valuations. the search that I did didn't take into account any optional extras.

If the dealer offered you £11,500 you can bet he will be looking to sell it on for a lot more than £12,000

Autotrader seems to be a better estimate of the cars value IMO.

You could also check pistonheads as theres quite a few S3's on there.

I think parkers is a joke for anything other than a bog standard car to be honest, it's always an underestimation in my opinion unless you're talking about focus's and mondeo's etc. For example it doesn't really take into account the desirability of the S3 over the A3 quattro in my opinion.

Look on Autotrader and Pistonheads for what they actually sell for is your best bet - I hope you're planning on staying around on here?

[ QUOTE ]
I think parkers is a joke for anything other than a bog standard car to be honest, it's always an underestimation in my opinion unless you're talking about focus's and mondeo's etc. For example it doesn't really take into account the desirability of the S3 over the A3 quattro in my opinion.

Look on Autotrader and Pistonheads for what they actually sell for is your best bet - I hope you're planning on staying around on here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers Guys,

I'm undecided on what I'm going to go for at the moment but whatever I buy I will still be on here.

I am hoping to get another Audi and have shortlisted a new A3 TDI Sport or a A4 (probably B6) TDI Sport.

I did look at getting a mk4 golf but I have had one of those before and fancy a change. The one that is really sticking out is the Seat Leon FR. Not the new shape Leon as they are ugly imo.

I have always liked the shape of the old leon and I can get a 2005 (05 plate) Leon 1.9 TDI 150 Bhp FR (The one with the cupra R kit) with 2500 miles for around £13K. As I am going to do about 30K miles a year, the low miles to start with is a huge benefit.

I am thinking of going to £15K max and need to investigate what I'l get for my money if I go for a Audi.

Hmmm decisions decisions...

How did you get on with the Sebring Exhaust?

[ QUOTE ]
How did you get on with the Sebring Exhaust?

[/ QUOTE ]

Great Thanks! Its a quality item.

I would highly recomend it.

I think if I were looking for a diesel to do a lot of miles in, I'd be going for one of the VAG 2.0TDi's, I did have a look at a very high spec second hand Golf GT TDi, which was nice, but so it should have been for £17,500.

I think you should keep the S3 and pay for the petrol, I did and ended up doing ~35,000 miles in a year in my S3 and I'm not sure I would have rather been anywhere else however it did cost a ****** fortune in petrol.

personall, to the right person, I'd say that car was worth £14-15k, 13k minimum. It's a tasty car thats done a reasonably low mileage, and has some nice desirable options and mods.

Parker really don't know which end they're talking out of most of the time - and apply some bull$hit rules to their vehicle prices.

when it comes to cult cars, they don't know $hit.

they'd probably price a mk1 golf gti, thats done 10k miles at about £10, when we all know they go for £1000's

As you know dicky, if you've got the time to wait for a buyer, then you will sell it.

if you don't then trade it in, you know as well as I do that the dealer will have that outside for 15k the next day.

I am actually looking at S3's at the moment. Been watching autotrader recently and through private sales you can generally get 30-50k 2002 models for about 11-13k depending how desperate the seller is to get rid of the car and if you are patient.

Your car has all the mods that an enthusiast would want - as you know I am keen on your car.

Cheers,
Leon

[ QUOTE ]
Its a shame...I was hoping it was just a rumour!...

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me the number of times I've changed my mind over the past few days is unbelievable!

But need a oil burner!

[ QUOTE ]
Car looks lovely mate, shame I can't take it off your hands just at the moment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Kev, I'm gutted its going! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Dare I suggest a 2.0 tdi sline A3 (New shape)?..

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the current favourite at the moment. However I'm not sure I want to pay this much...

Decisions decisions!