1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much for my car?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Mike_P, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Mike_P

Mike_P Member

[Feb 10, 2005]
    Well, it looks like I might have to sell my baby /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif The cost of fuel and driving 40 miles a day aren't doing my bank balance any good, so I might have to change to the dark side again!

Anyone know what she would fetch?

A3 3.2 Quattro Sport - Akoya Silver, Pebble Grey Interior - 2004/04 plate
    Heated Leather Seats
    Electric Lunbar support
    6CD Changer
    6100 miles

I'm hoping to get £22k, does that seem realistic? I've seen some A3's on autotrader with similar or less spec and higher miles go for about that

Help please!
    Cheers
    Mike
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. StephaneS

StephaneS Member

[Feb 11, 2005]
    mike 22k seems a reasonable starting price but be prepred to drop it a little but not too much like I did.
    mine was 53 reg, with 10,5k but body kit, 18'' wheels, full leather, heated seats, Electric Lunbar support, 6CD Bose concert, and it went for £20,750 private with an asking price of 22k. I regret it and should not have dropped it below 21k. Not a big financial difference but in the mind it does!!!
    Top marques is definitely a good idea!

Regarding fuel, I understand (mainly the second half does) and we got ourself a left hooker fiesta 1.4 TDCI (5 doors for the kids to come). Cant do much much more economical

Cheers
  4. Mike_P

Mike_P Member

[Feb 11, 2005]
    Cheers guys, things aren't looking too bad now, was worried I might take a big depreciation hit already of £3-4k!!

If I ask for £22k, at least I won't loose much vs the finance
  5. Mike_P

Mike_P Member

[Mar 1, 2005]
    Well, been trying to get a new car today, and the dealer offered me £18k!!! The best they could get through the bid system was £18,250!

dealers!
  6. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

[Mar 1, 2005]

LOL a 40 mile trip to work I was doing 150 miles a day in the r32 now that hurt!!!!

Good luck with the sale Mike, Audi only offered me £16K for my r32 when I asked for a trade in price (12month old car with 18K on the clock and mint!) I got a lot more for it in the end.

J.
  7. MateloT

MateloT Member

[Mar 1, 2005]
    the 3.2 is a killer, i'm sticking in £45 worth either every day or every other day. Fortunately I have a fuel card that the company pays private and business mileage for.

Without it I couldnt even begin to think about affording it.

Hope you get a decent deal selling it.
  8. evovssti

evovssti New Member

[Mar 2, 2005]
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif