1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much does my alloy weigh?

I'mRonBurgundy? Apr 28, 2009

1. I'mRonBurgundy?

I'mRonBurgundy? Lets make that kitten purr...

Some of you may have seen my recent thread about a minor scratch to my osf alloy care of the GF.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=71083

Anyhow looks like Lepsons are the repairer of choice (thanks pdv40) but they do not offer a courier service so am thinking of arranging this myself.

To do so I'm going to need an approx weight of wheel + tyre for a quote. Anyone out there know this?

Thanks
    Ron

2. kaz219

kaz219 Active Member VCDS Map User

Search :D

i found it out on one of edition's threads...

It was just over 20kg if i remember right.

3. edition

edition Active Member

Hi there.

I used interparcel.....i put in 15kg in for the wheel (no tyre).......

I thought they were really well priced. I used there before 9a.m next day service and it did what it said on the tin! Amazing service really as they collected 1.5hrs after me doing the form on-line.

4. devonmikeyboy

devonmikeyboy As far from JBS as possible !

Here is a suggestion on how you can answer your own question. Remove one of the alloys yourself and weigh the dam thing !

5. I'mRonBurgundy?

I'mRonBurgundy? Lets make that kitten purr...

I was at work when I posted this, in a office, in central London hence why I asked the question. Furthermore even if I wasn't sat at my desk at the time of asking I do not own or have access to a set of scales capable of weighing a wheel and tyre.

My question was a simple one asked purely in the hope that someone could help as I wanted to try and get a quote within my lunch hour.

I just don't know why you bothered wasting your time.