1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how much do you think this is worth?

paul_brad Feb 12, 2007

1. paul_brad

paul_brad Member

with reference to my earlier post on which s3 to get, how much would you expect to pay for this (private sale). I thought the amount he wanted was too much...

2001 x-reg facelift
    absolute red
    blue alcantara
    proper audi brushed wing mirrors
    sunroof
    armrest
    46k miles
    standard wheels
    FSH etc, really mint condition.

and indeed, would you get a red one with blue/black interior?

2. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

i wouldnt like to comment on what its worth, but has someone seriously chosen to spec blue alcantara with a red car :S sounds lovely otherwise, but that colour scheme :Sits gotta be worth over 10k hasnt it?

3. trogen

trogen Member

x reg, id say 10.5K max...

4. paul_brad

paul_brad Member

OK, it's up for 11k, and he didn't want to consider anything nearer 10 than 11... Parkers and Glass' has it down at just under 10, but it seems to me that s3s go for perhaps a little more than these guide prices?

5. Hotscar

Hotscar Four Wheel Drifting

6. leecs3

leecs3 thinking about stuff

trade in price is £8,800 Audi dealer price is £11,000 so private is £10k

7. ChriS3

ChriS3 hud at ye bam

Personally, I'd expect to pay £10k - £10.5k

8. jonS3

jonS3 Member

strange colour combo, i'd check the build spec with audi customer services, could be that its had the interior changed for some reason.....

9. paul_brad

paul_brad Member

thanks guys. i assume when you buy them new, you get a choice of all the interiors to apply to whichever body colour you've gone for.

The red and blue is dramatic, I'll give it that. Wasn't opposed to it to be honest, just be worried about putting off people if I bought it, then resold x years later. Realistically he's not going to come below 10.5k, so will let it pass I think.

Having seen those wingmirrors close up, I realise now the difference between the full silver mirrors, and the plastic clip on covers that most people seem to have whacked on after. They were very nice.