How much do you think my car is worth?

Austineer

King of cabs ;)
Reaction score
Guys,

Although I love her to bits I have unfortunately realised that my car is just too small fo my personal needs. I regualrily lift share to work (1 hr 15 min drive each way) of which when someone is behind me I have move my seat forward to allow for this, of which is ****** uncomfortable & annoying for me especially when driving home from a hard days work. This alongside my daughter in her rear car seat being uncomfortably too close to the front passenger seat directly infront of her and the small opening of the boot are the reasons.

So I am thinking of letting her go, hopefully to an enthusiastic owner like myself. However with the several thousands of pounds (£6,100) I have spent on her I was wondering what you guys think she would be worth.

The mods are the following:-

£1200 - Audi fitted votex bodykit (sides skirts, lower font & rear spoilers)

£900 - 18" RS4 replicas

£1200 - K04 Turbo & Remap

£600 - Miltek cat back exhuast & downpipe

£700 - Bilstein springs & shocks with 4 wheel alignment

£600 - H&R front & Neuspeed rear anti role bars

£300 - EBC slotted front & rear discs with greenstuff pads

£200 - APR boost guauge

£200 - Window tints

£200 - Cat 1 immobiliser

£200 - 6 CD sony autochanger

The car is a silver A41.8TQS on a V plate registered in october 1999 and has done 73,000 miles most of which is travelling from cardiff to bristol vis the M4. So guys any thoughts on what I should ask for it would be appreciated. I am thinking of selling it in 3 - 5 months time but any serious offers could be considered now.

Hummmmm hard one that as a car like this is going to be to shift to Joe Bloggs.

I would say around £8k-£8.5k but you may only get about £7k-£7.5k

Pic's would be good

Thanx Doc,

I really would just love to put a decent turbo on it (GT28RS & the trimmings) and have some fun but the car is just too small. I realise that the car isnt worth the total cost of the mods + the cost of the base car put together hense I wasnt sure what it would be worth. I was sort of hoping for around the £9K to be honest but any decent offers a little lower would be seriously considered. Perhaps when my comp is fixed I will post some pics.

Unfortunately the mods won't add any value at all and can actually reduce the value and put people off, unless you are very lucky & find an enthusiast who can appreciate what you've done.

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately the mods won't add any value at all and can actually reduce the value and put people off, unless you are very lucky & find an enthusiast who can appreciate what you've done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andymac is spot on. None of those mods add any value to your car. All they do is personalise the car to your taste, and alienate the majority of other would-be A4 owners who don't want those mods.

I wish people would stop advertising cars for sale with mods "worth £x", because that's how much they spent on the mods. All mods are worth sh!t-all on re-sale unless there's a buyer out there who wants them!

Get a grip!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with Andy, but I think Dc's guess it probably a touch high - you might get that if you can sell to an enthusiast, if not, maybe 6K /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Kev.