1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much and which oil for my 2.0tdi?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Gates, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Gates

Gates Member

I've tried doing a search on here but it just comes up with hundreds of unrelated posts as I think it seperately searches each word you type in.

All I'm wondering is how much oil will I need for an oil change on my 2.0tdi and which grade am I after please as I'm thinking I may buy all the bits I need to service the car at the same time as buying my clutch.

Many thanks
    Gates

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Josh84

Josh84 Member

Hi, i put the same post on a few days ago for my A3 2.0TDI, got the below response from a guy called SAiLO, not sure if the engines the same but there aa discount code that could be handy to you.

I use Shell Helix Ultra Extra 5w30 (you can get Castrol Edge or any other brand). When you drain the oil completely 3.8 liters should go back in.

By the way, you can use 'OILSPILL30' code at eurocarparts.com to get 30% discount. ​

4. i_786_i

i_786_i Member

Hi,

For a 2.0TDI, you need 3.8ltr when changing oil including oil filter.

5w-30 recommended (Castrol EDGE FST)

5. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team V6 Team Tornado quattro Black Edition s tronic Audi S4

I think this information is in your owner's manual.

6. chrisa4quat

chrisa4quat Active Member

Any 5w30 should be fine. If it uses a bit between services you can change it to 5w49 but this is not long life oil

7. Gates

Gates Member

Thanks for all the help people, I know it's in the owners manual but I'm working away and trying to get he bits ordered for when I get home :) so is the 5w30 long life oil then? Im going to start changing it more regularly now anyway as the car has done 125000 so don't really fancy leaving the oil in longer than I would a normal car.