How many times did you alter your order once placed?

Itguy

Reaction score
I'm trying to judge when I should start feeling guilty about changing my order all the time.

So, as a bit of fun, how many times and for what reasons have you changed your a3/s3 order once you first placed it?

I'm currently on 4 changes, possibly looking at a 5th today for colour.

added connect to tech pack £300
added hill hold assist £90
added lane assist + variable high beam £450 + £75
added front parking sensors (park system plus) and deleted no smoker pack £250

total (so far) £1165!

This forum has a lot to answer for!!

Zero times, knew exactly what i wanted. Feeeeeeeel guiltyyyyyyyyyyy now?!? :moa:

Twice on the same option ......sport suspension...........SE suspension......and back to sport suspension

Reactions: TDI-line and Flugel Hound
Once for me.

Changed from Estoril to Panther
Added Black Styling
Added Black Inlays
Added Extended Mono.

Tried also however to add super sports seats but was too late (not too fussed about this though, saved me a tidy £700 odd)

Once so far - Hold Assist and Dimming Door Mirrors. Have specced virtually everything else except Mag Ride and the 'assistance' pack as I'm not keen on having all that tech interfering (although ACC crept in).

Twice for me.
first time added hold hill assist and SD sat nav, second time xenon light package.

Very pleased that I did.

Other fleeting options of advanced key and colour change, but stuck with what I had.

Interesting... My dealer told me that once he put the order in I couldn't change it!... (Not that I want to anyway... 😜)

Interesting... My dealer told me that once he put the order in I couldn't change it!... (Not that I want to anyway... ������)

He lied for whatever reason. You can always change your order up until the point when your order is locked by the factory because it's close to being produced.

Once, when I added:
Folding mirrors and Tyre pressure warning.

Ok I'm starting to feel bad now... I haven't actually removed anything (except the no smoker pack) so maybe it's just me adding stuff in secret from swmbo...

Zero, because I found this forum few months before I ordered so read and checked EVERYTHING in advance.

It did mean I added extras to original planned spec. before I ordered,
£1500 ish worth of extra options (Pano, Audi sound system, Interior lights, Hill hold etc.) by being tempted by the reviews,
Oh and upgraded sport to S Line £1650 ish extra,
Oh and went for 1.4 tfsi to C.O.D. £850 extra,
Oh and changed for 3 door to sportsback £620.
Oh and 4 year warantee and 30000 mile service pack £644 !
'edit' oh and pearlescent paint £525

This FREE forum has cost me £ 5789 ish extra (Bl**dy Hell ! , never added it up like that before,)
But it help me get £1400 ish discount (wouldn't have known possible after first conversation with salesman, if it wasn't for this forum)

:uhm:

Warning : this forum is Seriously bad for you wallet !
(but might save you a bit back and will definitely put a bigger smile on your face when you get your car and keep it there for longer !)

:w00t:

Last edited:
Reactions: Flugel Hound and A3sportbackMark
Warning : this forum is Seriously bad for you wallet ! :w00t:

Exactly!! Why did I register on here?!

Oh yes, I remember, it was to give me the kick up the rear I needed to spec the car correctly and without compromise.

The only thing the forum doesn't do is help with paying for it all!

Reactions: Fragup
Zero... a lot of research before ordering though, even so far as to borrow a manual to read!

All this talk about alterations is getting me thinking...

Do I want Tech + Connect?
Do I want supersport seats?
Do I want through load and armrest
Do I want driver assist?

Answer... Of course I do BUT are they worth the extra

Connect appears not to work well and costs unknown!
Super seats... Mrs likes Alcantara option not available on SS
Through load let me know next week if we've found the current through load useful
Driver assist.... Am I completely helpless???

Last edited:
order on 18/10, changed today and add

hill hold
added audi connect to tech pack
electric lumbar
led headlights

added to my original spec
misano red
pano roof (damn forum - wasn't gonna order till I saw this thread and saw one in the flesh on an s3)
aluminium roof bars
tech pack with audi connect (damn forum)
high beam assist
B&O
auto fold mirrors
comfort pack
interior led (damn forum)
privacy glass

Nice spec, there is a few extra quid been added yesterday then with the LED lights too :icon_thumright:

Once. Today I added the Audi Music System. Just when I thought I had it all sorted, I read a comment on here and before I knew it, an email was winging its way to the salesman.

Reactions: cemerson
Changed once, added lumbar support and LED lights.

Other options have been considered, but with Audi I think you need to either have loads of cash or some control and know when to stop.

He lied for whatever reason. You can always change your order up until the point when your order is locked by the factory because it's close to being produced.

Interesting, I was also told I could not change the order. I was thinking of changing Amalfi White to Red.

Make that 4 times now.

1. Added hold assist
2. Then Audi music system
3. Then tyre pressure monitoring system
4. And finally due to this cold snap, heated seats have been added too!

****** hell! I should have just bought an S3

Make that 4 times now.

1. Added hold assist
2. Then Audi music system
3. Then tyre pressure monitoring system
4. And finally due to this cold snap, heated seats have been added too!

****** hell! I should have just bought an S3

You should but the only one of the above you get as standard are heated seats... the one option I cannot be ***** with (pardon the pun) and they come as standard!!

I added heated seats on a bit of a whim (all pre-order when I was finalising the spec to myself), but I'm so glad I have them now things are getting cold. My car after a couple of minutes is an incredibly comfortable place to be in this weather!

Reactions: McAudi
TBH, it's not something that I have selected as a luxury, but more of a necessity. I suffer from cold hands/ feet and have read that heating the core will vastly improve my condition. So an S3 doesn't even have TPM, Audi music system and hold assist as standard? I thought it had all the bells and whistles such as a B&O stereo.

I added heated seats on a bit of a whim (all pre-order when I was finalising the spec to myself), but I'm so glad I have them now things are getting cold. My car after a couple of minutes is an incredibly comfortable place to be in this weather!
Music to my ears. Driving home in my Civic 2.2 diesel last night, I though my *** was going to weld itself to the driver's seat!

TBH, it's not something that I have selected as a luxury, but more of a necessity. I suffer from cold hands/ feet and have read that heating the core will vastly improve my condition. So an S3 doesn't even have TPM, Audi music system and hold assist as standard? I thought it had all the bells and whistles such as a B&O stereo.

Not unless the Welsh versions are different !! ;-)

Those who made changes, if you already had a build week at the time did the change of spec affect the build week?
The only thing I would have added was hold assist but I was afraid even a little thing like that could change the build week.

Those who made changes, if you already had a build week at the time did the change of spec affect the build week?
The only thing I would have added was hold assist but I was afraid even a little thing like that could change the build week.

no, in fact the more i ordered the sooner it came on the build date !

Not unless the Welsh versions are different !! ;-)

I've just checked with Audi and the Welsh version is different. It also comes with a sheep holder on the boot for those intimate occasions ;-)

Reactions: PilotAudi, Fragup and paullowther
I've just checked with Audi and the Welsh version is different. It also comes with a sheep holder on the boot for those intimate occasions ;-)
I guess that's an extra in the comfort pack for ewe :tumble:

so you are a fellow Raynaulds sufferer then. I too suffer badly and you will love heated seats. If we had the option of the aux petrol heater in this country I'd buy that too. Had it on a range rover and is excellent, as was the heated steering wheel too!

keeping your core warm is the key to managing - I presume you own a decent down filled coat?

i am no Doctor, but S3 engine and B&O might get your blood pumping a bit faster and help circulation !
That would be a great excuse to buy.
Sorry I had to have a S3 for medicinal purposes !:doctor:

Reactions: McAudi and Jeff777LUFC
My wife suffers from very cold hands and she always says her ultimate luxury would be a heated steering wheel. I understand Audi do offer this in some of the Scandinavian countries but not in the UK.

My wife suffers from very cold hands and she always says her ultimate luxury would be a heated steering wheel. I understand Audi do offer this in some of the Scandinavian countries but not in the UK.

Now that would be an extra I'd go for. From around Sep - Mar, I can't feel my fingers when driving as they are like sticks of ice.

As far as I know they offer it on the a6 upwards. It really is nice to have.

Ever thought about heated motorbike gloves in the car? If it gets really cold I use mine until my hands warm up and the car is up to temperature

Never thought of using motorbike gloves but I have been looking into battery powered heated gloves. Wearing normal thermal gloves has zero effect apart from making me look like a prat at the lights!