How many speakers

musicegbdf

Reaction score
OK I was reading a review and it mentioned the standard fit only had two front speakers ?
I assumed that all cars came at least with two front and two rear speakers.

I have checked out the Brochure and it does not mention anything (The audi brochure is really rubbish at actually telling you stuff)

I don't want to drag all the way back to the dealership again. I have order the sport edition, can anyone tell me how many speakers come as standard..
Thks

Depending on the spec you ordered,I'm sure it has a minimum of 8. There should be four in the front, 2 mid/bass and 2 tweeters. The mid bass ones are lower down on the door cards and a tweeter should be higher up closer to the door handles.

Thks. I have ordered the sport spec, but with only the standard fit audio. I have just found in the brochure fitted with "active front and rear speakers" , but does not say how many... At least it does have rears. If it has those mentioned then that sounds OK. I might live in essex but don't need big heavy bass speakers... but I do have a small home recording studio so do appreciate good quality sound. In fact in a car it really is the higher frequencies that get lost , so good tweeters are important....
Thks again

Music

Depending on the spec you ordered,I'm sure it has a minimum of 8. There should be four in the front, 2 mid/bass and 2 tweeters. The mid bass ones are lower down on the door cards and a tweeter should be higher up closer to the door handles.

You're from north america aren't you? There's not a hope in hell a UK spec car will have 8 speakers as standard. To my knowledge the Sport comes with Concert II+, which means you'll get 4 speakers - two front and two rear. You only get 8 if you order BOSE

Ahh , that makes sense... My daughter is looking at an A1 and reading the blurb even the base A1 has a better audio system than a fairly top end A3..Suppose the target audience for the A1 is a young fits Audi owner..

Will wait and see what it sounds like with 4 speakers only and the decide if it needs upgrading..

i have 6 speakers in my audi a3 sport which is 2007 but in my previous car which was the se version i had 8 speakers but not the bose sound system.

Sport spec comes with 9 speakers if you include the Sub in the boot. Speaker and tweeter on each door and the sub. The Bose system adds a centre speaker in the middle of the dash which makes 10.

The SE spec and below only comes with speaker and tweeter in the front doors only, though not sure if a sub is installed in the boot with that spec.

My 2006 A3 sportback came with RNS and speakers as follows: Two in the front doors, two in the back doors, two tweeters in the windscreen pillars and a bas woofer in the boot. I don't think I have a third tweeter in the centre of the instrument panel by the screen. I guess that the third tweeter comes only with Bose. Cheers.

my sport does not hav a sub in the boot should it have one? i also dnt have the tweeters on the doors which i had on my se.

i have now found the sub in the boot of my car but how are you suppose to access it as it is behind the cloth of the boot lining?

Guess you could pop into the dealer to find out for sure? Even my old '98 Golf SE had 8 speakers, 1 tweeter, 1 mid bass in each door. Even the 3 door version had the same.

Sport spec comes with 9 speakers if you include the Sub in the boot. Speaker and tweeter on each door and the sub. The Bose system adds a centre speaker in the middle of the dash which makes 10.

The SE spec and below only comes with speaker and tweeter in the front doors only, though not sure if a sub is installed in the boot with that spec.

dose mine has a sub?

Thanks to everyone. Sound like I will have the 9 speaker system.. That's even better news. Thanks again everyone.