How many of you is needing a clutch soon?

Thats up to a possible 12 names now then eh?

10. Tom
11. Me
12. S3_mat

Reactions: S3_Mat
I'm down for a sachs clutch and cover ill source my own DMF flywheel thanks kindly, decided i dont want to go SMF route. Prices would definately be nice to know.

Jamie-S i think this is parts group buy only - you can use your mechanic of choice to do the fit.

Ah ok, well I'll await the price and see if it's any better than what I've found.

Well that is if they would include my 3.0 tdi......

No harm in asking as you may not be the only one.. Im still on the fence about the SMF as well. First thing to do is find someone who has one fitted and see what the noise/vibration is like before i part with any money.

Any SMF is going to increase the noise and vibration. If you remove the dampening effect of the DMF the noises you hear are just the natural noises of the engine that havent been silenced.

Vibration is more extreme depending on the weight of the flywheel, the lighter the quicker to churn up the revs and the heavier the quieter, thats why we make one for each preference. Also if you replace the DMF with SMF be sure to use a heavily sprung drive plate ideally with the thick marcel springs as this restores the dampening effect you lose in removing the DMF and has a less negative effect on the gearbox.

PM me if you need anymore advice.

Is that us got 10 on the clutch and smf?? One more guy on vagoc danboy24 says he might be interested just need a price and that, mark
is going to update list later today and get the things rolling if we have 10

Andy.......can you open another thread for your own group buy please and refrain from doing it on this one........kind of rude IMO.....cheers. I also recommend you look up site sponsorship rules before trying to hijack myself and Graemes group buy as having so little posts you havent become a sponsor yet.

Last edited:
1. Gfermer
2. JRock247
3. geforce189 (possible)
4. s3 th
5. JJ.Foulds
6. Dave (vagoc)
7. Jamie-s
8. Scott Byiers
9. SB +1 (ED30)
10. Tom5190
11. S3_Jacko
12. S3_Mat
13. Gazza1971

Roll on the group buy!! We gettin some prices today then guys and a rough time this is happening yes I am
Not very patient but gotta sort my money's out for the holidays and. That :)

Last edited:
Roll on the group buy!! We gettin some prices today then guys and a rough time this is happening yes I am
patient but gotta sort my money's out for the holidays and. That :)

Sorry I haven't been as active as Brodster on this, we've been moving offices in the unit past 2 days, manic :)

Will get prices up soon....

Right....prices. Not a massive discount but that was never going to be possible on these kits.

£829 for the 550nm
£859 for the 600nm

I have spoken to Brodster and we have decided to put a page up on our website for you all to order. Once 10 are paid we will start to get them shipped out from Germany. Makes it easier for everyone. People can also call us if they prefer to pay over the phone on 01254 883345.

Please note this is still a joint effort between myself and Mark, it is just easier to use our site as our software allows us to make a 'hidden' page. I will post the link soon.

Right....prices. Not a massive discount but that was never going to be possible on these kits.

£829 for the 550nm
£859 for the 600nm

I have spoken to Brodster and we have decided to put a page up on our website for you all to order. Once 10 are paid we will start to get them shipped out from Germany. Makes it easier for everyone. People can also call us if they prefer to pay over the phone on 01254 883345.

Please note this is still a joint effort between myself and Mark, it is just easier to use our site as our software allows us to make a 'hidden' page. I will post the link soon.

have you got prices for just the 550nm sre clutch within the group buy?

Well done on the group buy guys, don't forget the slave bearing which costs around £70 :)

I need mine for next week so may have to drop out. Would be nice to know roughly a price though

Hope this goes ahead basically buys the bearing with the saving :)

Guys..........remember you also need the 6 flywheel bolts aswell as the old items cannot really be used as they are stretch bolts. £2.76 + vat from your local TPS outlet.

OK guys have just spoken to Graeme and here is some info. The clutch group buy will run until the end of the year. Within this time frame we expect them to be paid for but we have decided there will be a one week grace period so that Januarys pay can be processd and paid so the time limit will be Sunday 8th January for payment. Fingers crossed the majority of the list will be happy with this as 14 of you wanted the GB. Cheers guys.

Yea that suits me to be honest I get paid around the 20th. Few questions, what if we do pay the discount price but some others drop out and we don't make 10? I guess we have to pay the remainder? Also any extra charge for using credit card?

I might not be able to do this if it stops on the 8th. :( All dependant on my student loan and things coming in!

Hope for the best lol! dam the poor student life, i should be on the ford forums instead ;)

Reactions: Brodster
Any chance of getting the stage 3 with a DMF or without a flywheel at all, dont really fancy going the SMF route.

Yea that suits me to be honest I get paid around the 20th. Few questions, what if we do pay the discount price but some others drop out and we don't make 10? I guess we have to pay the remainder? Also any extra charge for using credit card?

No extra for credit card we will swallow the charge up.

If people pay and we don't get to 10 we will work something out but there will have to be an extra charge I think as we won't be able to get them cheaper from LOBA if we don't order a certain amount.

I might not be able to do this if it stops on the 8th. :( All dependant on my student loan and things coming in! Hope for the best lol! dam the poor student life, i should be on the ford forums instead ;)
I think we could accomodate you if you needed a couple of extra days JJ.........we want everyone on that list to get what we set out to do so everyone has to have a bit of flexibility.......it will not be extended to the end of January though before anyone asks......lol

Could I get a price for the Clutch only as well please.

might be a daft question but why is the kit with smf only and not a dmf option if that is what is standard in an S3?

what would be the chances of the original dmf being mechanically sound to re-use?

if the chances are the original dmf will need replaced can you get this for this clutch else where?

Cheers,

Could I get a price for the Clutch only as well please.

might be a daft question but why is the kit with smf only and not a dmf option if that is what is standard in an S3?

what would be the chances of the original dmf being mechanically sound to re-use?

if the chances are the original dmf will need replaced can you get this for this clutch else where?

Cheers,

We have added the option for clutch only. It is false economy in my eyes to not replace the flywheel when it is being done but that is of course up to the customer. I'll post a separate price for the LUK dual mass flywheel shortly.

Reactions: Brodster
might be a silly question but can you use stage 2 or 3 clutch with the DMF yeah? just there is only the option to get the stage 1 clutch without the flywheel

No extra for credit card we will swallow the charge up.

If people pay and we don't get to 10 we will work something out but there will have to be an extra charge I think as we won't be able to get them cheaper from LOBA if we don't order a certain amount.

Awsome cheers, yea I thought that would be the case but dosent really matter too much I guess if it dosent go ahead its still the price that you would pay anyway. Just got to wait for payday now!

Hey guys,

as some of you may know, i missed out on the group buy. Anyways i got the same clutch sachs/loba SMF Kit from Graeme and got it installed today! All i can say is, WOW the bite is so aggressive the car just wants to shoot of the line, i was also very worried about the chatter noise, this at the moment i can bearly hear it, and if i turn on the music, you wouldnt be able to hear it at all never mind the miltek ^^

clutch pedal does feel heavier than standard but not a huge amount, but the power makes up for it :)
Hope this review helps anyone making the decision to go SMF.
I am very happy with my purchase, thanks Greame :)

I remember my Leon Cupra D started slipping at 18k miles in sixth, and I don't abuse clutches as I know what usually knackers them, so I'm assuming the A3 will eventually go as the Seat was a140bhp against the A3's 170... although in fairness I'm talking about a 2004 Seat against the 2011 Audi, so they may have improved the quality by now.

Maybe I should quickly burn out my clutch so I can jump on this group buy :D

Mines an S3 running stage 1 map so approx 300bhp clutch was slipping slightly before I changed clutch :)

My previous car was a seat Leon FR mapped stage 2 for 220bhp the clutch was fine for the time I had it Approx 10k miles.

Not yet dude waiting till January but this is a good question to see if people are still game for this a lot happening over Xmas tho

i cant order anymore, as i was going to use my student finance, and iv just been forced out where i was living, currently temp staying at my dads and need a place to live in.

BAD GOD DAM TIMES.

Bad times mate sorry to hear hope you get it sorted out

i should still be ordering in Jan if all goes to plan.

Bad times mate sorry to hear hope you get it sorted out

Hopfully everything will be sorted by april, then i can use that payment on the clutch kit! :(

I just hope my current one doesnt wear out, to a point i cant drive anymore :/

We have added the option for clutch only. It is false economy in my eyes to not replace the flywheel when it is being done but that is of course up to the customer. I'll post a separate price for the LUK dual mass flywheel shortly.

Graeme - Needing at least a clutch for my A3 with a 2.0TDI BMN engine.
Will the 550nm clutch fit?
Any word on the price for DMF?
Cheers

Just read an e-mail off Graeme saying this fell through. :(

What happened to the 13 people!?