How many of you is needing a clutch soon?

I changed my DMF in my DSG A3 about 6-8 months ago or so. I couldnt afford a clutch at the same time so just went with the DMF. It seems to be having the same clattering and problem as before so it looks like its going again. Should it go so early??

Hi guys I'm dave from vagoc

when I had my s3 8p I used have a look over this forum but not much of a poster

My s3 got stolen about 2 years ago, I then brought a evo 8 but the build quality of jap cars is terrible so I sold that and now have my golf r

The golf is stage 2+ and my clutch is starting to slip so it's time for a new one, let's hope we can get some members together and get a good price!!

Last edited:
I would be interested in just the clutch but not the kit as still want to run a dmf

I'm sure mark and graeme could do some sort of deal for all of us :) we would even put a nice post saying how nice they are if they did just cause were nice like that! Lol

Gutted, literally just purchased my loba/sachs clutch from gnj like a few days ago! Before this thread :(
oh well hope the rest of you get a good deal :)

roll on the group buy

Will

Don't suppose a clutch and fly change for standard items on the 3.0 tdi would be able to join in?

Hi Guys,

I've got a new Sachs clutch and DMF kit listed on the classifieds if anyone is interested.

Thanks.

get the Loba clutch seems the way to go just got one myself still needds to be fitted though

quick noob question here. wit the LOBA kit, is it the clutch and a flywheel replacement? im kinda confused, does the clutch just move the flywheel? so when people say clutch upgrade its really just a flywheel?

Iv read through the website description and it just says about a clutch cover. Im so bad with cars...

quick noob question here. wit the LOBA kit, is it the clutch and a flywheel replacement? im kinda confused, does the clutch just move the flywheel? so when people say clutch upgrade its really just a flywheel?

Iv read through the website description and it just says about a clutch cover. Im so bad with cars...

2 seperate things JJ... A clutch and a flywheel... The clutch cover is part of the clutch kit...

So with this i need to buy a new clutch aswell as this SMF kit from loba?

yep JJ. it comes as kit i think from memory its between £880 you get the sach racing clutch with the loba SMF, but the release bearing needs to be procured separately

yep JJ. it comes as kit i think from memory its between £880 you get the sach racing clutch with the loba SMF, but the release bearing needs to be procured separately

ahh right so it comes together! im glad caus i dont want to spend even more money!

i wasnt sure to how the package works, but thanks. looking forward to getting it sorted, my revs are going all over the place and i think im just making it worse lol.

Yeah JJ you need to buy a release bearing aswell.. Think thats bout £75 on top

Doesn't look like we're getting 10 :(

patience is a virtue , im sure you'll get 10 people mate so many members posting about possible clutches changes

Reactions: Brodster
This is true I'm just so impatient I won't even be fitting mine till next year lol

This is true I'm just so impatient I won't even be fitting mine till next year lol

if i knew my the engine and box still havent been sent to the machinist this far into the build i wouldve actually bought it with you guys as im sure it would be cheaper then what i paid for but oh well,

ive a brand new National Auto single mass clutch, flywheel and realease bearing available for a3 2005-09 1.9tdi 105bhp 8p here if anyone needs on.
£265 posted.

I'm a 100% on this stick me down. Looking for one ideally early January

My Loba/Sachs SMF kit arrived today, should i return it for a full refund and join the group buy to make 10 ? ^^
That would be rude towards Greame @ GNJ Motorsports though !!! :/

Haha I think he would maybe click on to that one,

Haha I think he would maybe click on to that one,

Seriously though ordered the clutch from them literally a few days ago probably 1 day before this thread started, by the time i knew the clutch was already on its way to me =[

Could of saved a few £s for labour :/

Seriously though ordered the clutch from them literally a few days ago probably 1 day before this thread started, by the time i knew the clutch was already on its way to me =[

Could of saved a few £s for labour :/

Thats 1 of the benefits of b!tchin/moaning on the forum.. You never know what could happen

We not got a rough price on this yet? Might get another couple interested :)

I'm still waiting on a price for just the clutch guys and i'd be in 2... If its possible to join it without getting the full kit, just the Sre

Have we got a price on this yet?

I've found my clutch kit and dmf at a reasonable price.

How is the deal working? & where is the work being carried out?

Thanks

I'm down for a sachs clutch and cover ill source my own DMF flywheel thanks kindly, decided i dont want to go SMF route. Prices would definately be nice to know.

Jamie-S i think this is parts group buy only - you can use your mechanic of choice to do the fit.

No word on price and that yet waiting on mark and graeme getting back to us