How many of us are bikers?? Show off your wheels.......

My Yamaha R1 review..

Cue some silly, dangerous riding but, what a bike...
Too much for me TBH.

First half is poodling around the town I was in.. Second half.. well...

That bit where I mention a speed camera and look down at my speed, brake, and giggle..
I was doing 130 MPH. Not proud of it but holy crap, the acceleration was brutal.
I am a lightweight cyclist but an elephant would be fast on this.

finally got the other 2 pics uploaded after a lot of mucking with around the file size....anyway my other 2 little gems.

Super1
Super2

Reactions: andy.h, Samuel c5 Q and Ghost
as you may have noticed , i like dukes....lol
Who doesn't!

I was in Ducati Reading last year (Bloke is a proper bell-end - oh well) and they had a bike in there which looked something like this.
Was drooling. I thought it was an old bike updated... Turns out it was a new order. What was it? Looked very raw and some top spec components on it.

The pic is actually a 1098 streetfighter at heart..

Ducati 1098 Custom Streetfighter by Nick Anglada Front Right Three Quarters1

Reactions: Mario and Ghost
Best bike I've ever owned and I've had a fair few, wouldn't dream of swapping it.

DSC01457wp33

Last edited:
Reactions: SamHendry, haughtss3, Charlie Farley and 2 others
Is the "dub" yours as well ?, Your R6 has the same indicators my Aprilia had - So its got to be a good bike :)

Is the "dub" yours as well ?, Your R6 has the same indicators my Aprilia had - So its got to be a good bike :)

It sure is :smiley:... Haha the Indicators are class right? I only had all the lights put on recently as I was using it for track and only had a day time MOT.

R6 looks lovely mate. Love the look of sports bikes. Those tyres you have don't look rain friendly.

Reactions: haughtss3
R6 looks lovely mate. Love the look of sports bikes. Those tyres you have don't look rain friendly.

Thanks bud :relaxed: ....Yes they are definitely not wet friendly, doesn't really affect me though as I am too scared to be out on it in the rain ha ha.

I take it you dont lean it over then with the 1" strip left haha,do like the r6s i had the gixer 600 but later changed to a 2002 r1 and ive still got its private plate r19 oes.

Thanks bud :relaxed: ....Yes they are definitely not wet friendly, doesn't really affect me though as I am too scared to be out on it in the rain ha ha.

Hehe your not alone mate. I had a pirreli diablo rosso on the back of my gixxer and in the rain it was a nightmare!

I used to run Dunlop Sportsmarts and or Maxxis Super Maxx after a very interesting ride home in the wet on Pirelli's, every corner was a lottery :-(

I take it you dont lean it over then with the 1" strip left haha,do like the r6s i had the gixer 600 but later changed to a 2002 r1 and ive still got its private plate r19 oes.

Ha ha quality @cabbychris I go through quite a few Tyres :sunglasses: ha ha. Yeah the Pirelli's are definitely no good in the rain @SamHendry @gokiwi64 but they great when warm in the dry :grinning:

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 285
Reactions: Charlie Farley
No chicken strips "in ere"
P5220074

then again "no tread in ere"

090613 161239

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost and haughtss3
Quick wash, went over the wheels and the swing arm with hot soapy water and a cloth, alot of road grime sticks in those areas.

98 rm 125 in the gixxers shadow

Hi mate 750 k4 came with yoshi can and k&n filter. Pilot power 2ct on rear, mechelin road 4 up front. Lovely bikes, reminds me a bit like a 2stroke when you rev it through the powerband

Very nice. They change direction with the power of your mind. It is supposed to have a good spread of torque but maybe that little hint of the 600 when it hits the power at 9500/10000 rpm. Although I imagine on the 750 that might be a little earlier at approx 8500 rpm. My cousin has a k1 1000 which he let me loose on once. The spread of power is unreal, pulls forward keenly jolting on the arms even in 6th at 30mph and a mere 1100-1300 rpm. His has the Yoshi end can or is it system with the power commander.

Thanks mate

The grip handling noise, vibration between your legs, the smell! Brutal acceleration! It puts power down unbelievably. All these things is why I love this bike. Trackdays is something I'm seriously considering. I am struggling to feel at one with the bike especially through the twisties. Hopefully some days at the track can improve my riding nd I can enjoy the bike even more.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Samuel c5 Q
I'm tall and and about 15 stone but get thrown out the saddle and off the pegs easily on bumpy back roads because of tight ligaments in my lower legs. That's why I never got my mogo down back roads. I did one track day and had a blast. I never got the knee down but apparently another rider said I was scrapping a peg on a 1200 bandit. I found that there were hills near my home that I used to go down quicker on a push bike with baldy tyres than I did on the bandit, lol.

Track day will be good.

Reactions: Charlie Farley and SamHendry
Track riding versus road riding are almost 2 completely different things , it sounds like you suspension isn't set correctly for your weight, Have you ever had it setup for you professionaly ?

My gsxr 750 k5, k-tech front and rear internals, galfer disks, brembo m/c, pc3, quickshifter, ohlins damper and a few other bits.

Owned lots of bikes, newer and older than this, bigger and smaller engines and in my opinion this is the best all rounder.

Reactions: SamHendry, S3Steve, Samuel c5 Q and 1 other person
Quick wash, went over the wheels and the swing arm with hot soapy water and a cloth, alot of road grime sticks in those areas.

98 rm 125 in the gixxers shadow

so a bit of a crosser aswell, cant beat some motocross action....

Thanks mate

The grip handling noise, vibration between your legs, the smell! Brutal acceleration! It puts power down unbelievably. All these things is why I love this bike. Trackdays is something I'm seriously considering. I am struggling to feel at one with the bike especially through the twisties. Hopefully some days at the track can improve my riding nd I can enjoy the bike even more.

If your suspension is not setup for you and your riding style then it wont handle the way you want chap.
how you setup your bike for a track is not the same as road riding, I used to take my road duke on trackdays and it never really handled the way I wanted it too, way to soft in fast corners and not enough damping under heavy braking...but it was great on roads.
Got a duke race bike for racing instead , different ball game altogether.

Reactions: SamHendry
This is mine, a K4 GSX-R 600. Track bike only

Image2
Image1

Reactions: Samuel c5 Q, Charlie Farley, SamHendry and 1 other person
I'm running at 2015 Street Triple RX :)

Attachments

• 21200641_10155440083796006_130576238734073417_o.jpg
    21200641_10155440083796006_130576238734073417_o.jpg
    510.4 KB · Views: 142
Reactions: Charlie Farley, Sandra and EXSpartan36
I’m still new to biking. Does anyone use all year rider to treat their bikes- acf50 etc? Think it’s £70 or so for a full detailed clean and treatment.
Or do you just do it your self?

I’m still new to biking. Does anyone use all year rider to treat their bikes- acf50 etc? Think it’s £70 or so for a full detailed clean and treatment.
Or do you just do it your self?

I use an AllYearBiker franchise to clean & valet the bike once a year - it costs me £120 but is nonetheless good value bearing in mind the 5 hours that it takes him. Once finished, a lad at at J&S Accessories store proclaimed that he could eat his breakfast off it.

IMG 2025

Only summer use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SamHendry and Samuel c5 Q
3 wheel
MZ
Long Face

Attachments

• DSCF0587.JPG
    DSCF0587.JPG
    549.1 KB · Views: 252
  • DSCF0589.JPG
    DSCF0589.JPG
    645.3 KB · Views: 261
  • DSCF0830.JPG
    DSCF0830.JPG
    633.9 KB · Views: 263
  • DSCF0828.JPG
    DSCF0828.JPG
    567.6 KB · Views: 239
Reactions: Samuel c5 Q
Only usually keep my bikes a year but had this for 6 years .Sold it and I regret it every day.
IMG00140 20140608 1916

Reactions: Ricky Burrows and Charlie Farley