1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many MPG are you guys getting?

spencerjoel Mar 20, 2004

1. spencerjoel

spencerjoel Member

Hi guys,
    How many MPG are you guys getting on your A/S3's.
    Ive got a '99 A3 1.8T Quattro, and am only getting 24ish. This seems a bit low eventhough I don't really do that much motorway driving.
    When I do get a lot of motorway miles in it only really goes up to about 27-28. Is this right?
    Cheers 4 u're replies

2. mstew20

mstew20 New Member

not got an audi yet but got an ibiza cupra which has same engine and get an average of 31-33mpg which is cruising on a roads and nippin on on b roads etc.

3. phillj

phillj Member

When I first got my 1.8T Sport I was consistently getting 39.9 mpg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Now I have started driving a bit more spirited /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif I am getting about 29.5 mpg, and that is doing about 50 mph on normal carriageways. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Moral of the story is you want to get good mpg then try to keep below 3000 rpm, that's how I was getting 39.9 mpg. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

If you want to drive spirited then you will be lucky to get into the 30's

4. rickquattro

rickquattro Member

Cant get mine below 42mpg.....TdiQ, chipped.....and I try quite hard!

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

5. cybrey

cybrey Member

I'm getting around 30mpg. Mixture of urban and motorway driving.

6. neil.c

neil.c Senior

I never seem to get more than 19-21 mpg out of my S3 must just be the way I drive and I never put oil in-between services-last service april 2002.

But then I have a diesel company car for day to day running so who cares.

7. JamesA3

JamesA3 Member

I get on average around 30mpg but I suppose that will drop when it gets chipped /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. Banwell

Banwell previously LeeS3

26 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif 25/24 pushing on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

9. recomdos

recomdos Active Member

I seem to avg 30mpg in my 1.8T (chipped) must say, I drive quite reserved though. I keep looking at the petrol gauge and it seems to go down real quick (but that's probably because I've only had the car a week and never been out of it!) I am hoping to get the mpg up a bit more. I haven't been on a motorway run as such yet (except when I went up to Newcastle airport the other night - but I was booting it a bit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif) so when i do, I'll see what mpg I'm hitting then.

10. Markb

Markb Active Member

Hmm doesn't sound too bad to me as I am getting 22MPG out of my current car.

So when I get the T Sport it should be better on the wallet LOL

11. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

About 27-28 MPG average..normal driving around.

28-29 on a motorway run...a bit better if I don't use the cruise control.

Proper driving, about 20...and push on driving when out for a blast, considerably less than that!