How many miles on your pd130

mattyb6

Reaction score
I've had my 1.9tdi for nearly 2 years, i bought it with full service history at 137k
after just having new belts and water pump
Its now on 164k still no issues mechanically

although I think I've got the sticky viens pproblem
its gets serviced with good quality parts every year, an an oil change every 6months

ive seen pd engines with well over 200k and even one over 400k

so tell me what mileage is on your pride and joy ?

Mine is a 02 saloon, i bought it in may last year with 90k its now on 102k, going very strong, just wear and tear jobs to get on with.

All of mine is cosmetic, I.e bumper painted and new windscreen :(
But I wish I bought a Quattro haha

My old pd 130 Skoda had 275 000 miles and no probs except boost control solenoid and maf, since new, brilliant engines for doing high miles just not as smooth as the CR.

My old pd 130 Skoda had 275 000 miles and no probs except boost control solenoid and maf, since new, brilliant engines for doing high miles just not as smooth as the CR.

May sound dumb but what's the cr?

Common Rail engine, rather than the PD engine. That's where my knowledge ends :)

I think the common rail is what's found in the newer ones.

Ah yyeah rings a bell nnow yyeah like the b7 diesels arnt pd and they had oil issues iirc

Going to attempt the intake/ egr and turbo clean this month

Yep, they're a nicer engine but some models have been plagued with issues.

I recently did the intake, turbo and egr clean...it's a very very dirty job, but not too difficult. There are guides out there. I also blanked off my egr pipe too, you ideally need two of them. I only bought one first time, and it was too thick to still allow the pipe to fit, so I bought a second one and removed the pipe completely.

They cost about £6 for both I think.

I bought a plate but its like 3mm tthick so il get a second palte

How long did the clean take ya ?

Yeah, mine was 3mm thick. You'll struggle to get that between while keeping the pipe on. It took me the best part of the day, but a lot of that was spent cleaning the intake and egr valve. And it was pretty much 0C, which slowed me down haha

Does cleaning it make a massive difference?

I just don't want to make a balls of it
so unsure wether or not to tackle it on my own

To be honest, no. If your turbo is playing up it should do, but i've noticed no difference really. However, it's also a preventative thing, kind of like changing the oil. I never notice my car being any worse before an oil change yet I do it because I know that if I don't...it'll die quicker.

You handy with a spanner or not? I'm a pretty competent person with hands on stuff, but cars are probably my weakness, and I managed it easy enough. Just make sure you only squirt mr muscle in the proper places and you'll be fine. If you're not so confident yet, just tackle the egr and intake clean, after that you'll be fine with the turbo clean I bet.

2003 53 plate PD130 Quattro Sport 6-speed.

Bought it in 2011 with 94000 miles on the clock and currently just shy of 114000 and still pulling like a train (touching wood :p ).

Regular servicing with proper PD oil and a regular 'thrash' of the turbo once warm to keep things from coking up seems to work.

Going to give it a full oil and filter service this weekend with nice fully synthetic 5w 30 PD oil. New air filter too while I'm at it.

It is quite smoky on start up and under load and does smell fumy when cold so I'm going to carry out a full EGR and intake manifold clean as soon as I can. Will get the EGR blanked off too.

Very pleased with the car and how the engine pulls. Despite the Quattro its a much quicker car than I would have ever expected. I've actually heard from a reliable source that the 130 engines were somewhat conservatively rated in terms of power/torque and that many factory spec cars are putting out more like 140-150bhp and 240lb/ft+

Good car IMO. Can't grumble considering what I paid for it.

J

Reactions: pink.teg
You people with your quattro, coming here boasting :p

I can't complain, this is my first Audi and was a chance encounter really, so i had no idea just how good quattro was. I am considering replacing this over the next year though, and it will be replaced with a quattro for definite.

You people with your quattro, coming here boasting :p

I can't complain, this is my first Audi and was a chance encounter really, so i had no idea just how good quattro was. I am considering replacing this over the next year though, and it will be replaced with a quattro for definite.
Right the sun has come out here in Newcastle
so I'm going to do the egr clean now and see how it ggoes plus out lass said he will Hoover the interior :)

constructive day

Certainly not boasting about Quattro lol.

I never intended to buy a Quattro but it was the nearest A4 1.9 Sport 130 to me when I bought it and it was a minter. To be honest though with the winters we have had of late it has been an absolute Godsend. I must admit that whenever the time comes to replace it I will certainly look at Quattro options again.

I think I'll be lookg at the B8 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line next if funds allow. Looks like an absolute beast!

Mind you, it will be a while away yet as the trusty old B6 still gives plenty of smiles per mile!

J

Certainly not boasting about Quattro lol.

I never intended to buy a Quattro but it was the nearest A4 1.9 Sport 130 to me when I bought it and it was a minter. To be honest though with the winters we have had of late it has been an absolute Godsend. I must admit that whenever the time comes to replace it I will certainly look at Quattro options again.

I think I'll be lookg at the B8 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line next if funds allow. Looks like an absolute beast!

Mind you, it will be a while away yet as the trusty old B6 still gives plenty of smiles per mile!

J

Yeah the b8 3.0 Quattro is a beast
and I wan one next, but I've just turned 22 so I'm keeping the b6 til te b8 come to about 10-13k

ive just finished my egr and I going take it for a spin
Il upload a pic later, still need to buy a second blank plate.

114,000 miles on mine now, bought in April last year with 97,000 on the clock 04 reg SE spec

Apart from 1 minor problem it's going the best and never let me down.

I've spend over 2000 euro on it since December converting it to sport/s line inside and out

I have no plans to change this car so hopefully I'll put up well over 200,000 miles on it.

Although I would love a 3.0 tdi Quattro S-line B8 too :-D

+1 for sline coversion, cost me a total of £400 :(

400? You must have contacts :-D

I gave over 400 for my seats :-D I got tried of waiting and just coughed up the cash.

Front bumper is the only thing I've left to do now.

400? You must have contacts :-D

I gave over 400 for my seats :-D I got tried of waiting and just coughed up the cash.

Front bumper is the only thing I've left to do now.

I bought an sline front and votex rear for £170
griles are £140 new from dealers all iI then paint which was £60

everything else is standard se sport