1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many miles can you get off a full tank?????

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Nilz, Jan 21, 2009.

1. TonyA3

TonyA3 Member

Id love to get that amount out of mine, even when i try not to floor it for like 2 weeks at a time, i still probably get an extra 10 miles out of my tank.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jbw

jbw Member

Admittedly I do have a strange whoooshing noise from the passenger footwell when changing gear. I've heard that can be to do with a knackered DV. Don't know if that would contribute to poor mpg. My car isn't remapped and given the higher mileage (100k) I'm not sure I want to go down that route.

My average drive to work consists of 'getting through town a, driving down motorway, getting through town b to work'. Maybe it's the town driving that's killing the mpg? I certainly don't do 140mph down the motorway. Closer to 80-90 at best.

4. Turbo Lag

Turbo Lag New Member

Given you drive a fair bit in traffic (more than me) I'd put it down to that. My remaining miles falls a fair bit when sitting in traffic, and I don't rev the car much when it's stop start all the time. The lowest I've got was 300, with the car saying 50 miles remaining, but I had to do a lot of short journeys in the cold.