1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many foglights..??

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Sinny71, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Sinny71

Sinny71 S55 LKS

[Apr 4, 2007]
    I know its a bit of a strange question but how many foglights does your A4 have on the rear..??

The reason I ask is that during some fog last week I reversed onto the drive and noticed only the offside foglight was on. Its a long time since I have had a car with just the one rear foglight so I presumed a bulb was out. I picked up the bulb and went to put it on yesterday. There is somewhere for the bulb to go but on looking closer this just seems to be a blank, and has no wiring or contacts where the bulb sits.

Now it may be that this is just a blank which is used on the continent when the left becomes the offside but I'm just curious.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. arthurfuxake

arthurfuxake Controversial & Contradictive

[Apr 4, 2007]
    Just the 1.

It's so that it's easier to distinguish the difference between the foglights and the brakelights.
  4. 1210tech

1210tech Four Ring Fanatic

[Apr 4, 2007]
    yep, mines the same and i did the same as you, actually went back and exchanged the new bulb too thinking it was faulty!!!
  5. Sinny71

Sinny71 S55 LKS

[Apr 4, 2007]
    LOL, I didn't get that far but would be lying if I said I spotted it right away. I put the bulb in and was trying the lights beforeI realised.
  6. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

[Apr 4, 2007]
    Not that old "urban myth" again! There's 3 brake lights, so 2 fog lights would still be able to be distinguished from 3 brake lights. The other "urban myth" is that it's a German regulation - it's not and never has been which is why you see Mercedes and Opels with 2 rear fog lights.

At last on the B7 Audi have "done it properly" and fitted 2 rear fog lights (2 rear fog lights on my B7 RS4 Avant).

I "corrected" my 2000 8L S3 to have 2 rear fog lights, and also my 2003 B6 S4 Avant, but couldn't do it to my 2004 S4 Avant because the lamp holders have had the bulb holder removed. Got really p155'd off at my neighbour keep telling me I had a bulb blown!!!
  7. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!

[Apr 4, 2007]
    Its all down to cost saving, and the law states that there only needs to be one on the o/s so thats all there is.
  8. Sinny71

Sinny71 S55 LKS

[Apr 4, 2007]
    I was thinking about whether that was going to be possible. Was it easy enough to do???