How low does it go without the rear Coilover adjusters in?

dougie175

Reaction score
I fitted my JOM coilovers on my A3 TDi today, Im really happy with them.

Just wondering how much taking the adjusters out of the rear makes a difference? I dont really like the design as the spring looks to sit a bit funny of them, think it would fit better lie the original design without the adjuster in, however I dont want to go much lower than I am now.

Any advice appreciated, Thanks

It may look funny when you install them but once the car is lowered and the weight is on the rear beam it does sit properly and is perfectly safe. I know with Jom's when I had them and put them at the lowest the car sat so low it looked silly, so I'm guessing without the adjusters it would be even lower.

Main thing though, is, it took about a week for them to settle and even when you first set them they will drop considerably and you will need to reset them again.

Personally I wouldn't leave the adjusters out they bolt on to hold the springs in place, pretty sure if you leave them out the spring wont stay located properly.

Hope this helps

In a full weight road car it'll settle too low without collars at all.

I run my Jamex as low as they can possibly be with the collars still in, and it's really quite low.

Problem is, taking the adjusters out gives you a good 15mm more drop, which is usually TOO much

Ok Ill leave them in doesnt sound like I would get the look I want with them out, I dont want that stupidly low look at all.

Thanks chaps