1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long?

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by SilureMark, May 20, 2014.

1. SilureMark

SilureMark Active Member

[May 20, 2014]
    Been informed my S3 has been built and is on its way to the UK. So how long do I have to wait now until I am sitting in it - a couple of weeks, less? Dealer was very noncommittal when I pushed them for an answer. Cheers...
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 22, 2014]

3. Pulp84

Pulp84 Well-Known Member

[May 20, 2014]
    Mine was two weeks start to finish after build. Think mine went in to Sheerness and then on to a dealer in South West.

Took 3 days for the dealer to prep it and picked up Saturday just gone. BTW you will love it.
    Foshiznik likes this.
  4. jimmydougle

jimmydougle Active Member

[May 21, 2014]
    I'm in the same position as you. As I'm writing this, the ship my S3 is on is in the process of arriving at Sheerness. I am optimistically hoping that the weekend will be soon enough... but realistically I think it will be Wednesday next week.
  5. steeve

steeve Well-Known Member

[May 21, 2014]
    It's the worst position, you know your much awaited treasure is built and on the way, the anticipation is mounting and there's sod all you can do about it. It's difficult to understand why it takes so long for that last step, you'd fetch if you could!

I hope it turns up quickly for you, post a few pictures when it arrives?
    RYuill likes this.
  6. wills_1990

wills_1990 Member

[May 21, 2014]
    Mine arrived in Port on Monday and i have been told not till next week for pick up.....however you maybe one of the lucky ones!!
  7. SilureMark

SilureMark Active Member

[May 22, 2014]
    Thanks fellas. I'm not losing any sleep over when it'll turn up as it has been quite a quick process from the point of placing the order (8 weeks) and I have seen that many people have for some reason had waits considerably longer than that. The latest I have from the Dealer is that it will be week commencing 2nd June. I'll post some pictures once I have it :photo:
  8. steeve

steeve Well-Known Member

[May 22, 2014]
    You've picked a lovely colour, Misano Red.
    I must admit I did originally go for Misano, but I seem to have had bad luck with red cars so I changed it to Sepang when I saw it had been added to the price list, Sepang with red calipers................
  9. SilureMark

SilureMark Active Member

[May 22, 2014]
    Had sepang on my TTRS. Very nice but it did show swirl marks and scratches quite easily, so be careful when cleaning it. Having said that, it did look great when polished up. My S3 should look pretty good with the black styling pack, privacy glass and titanium wheels. The dealer is also fitting black audi badging for me, just to blend it all in. Having seen a Misano Red RS4 they sold with the same attributes, it should look pretty darn good.
  10. Foshiznik

Foshiznik Member

[May 22, 2014]
    Definitely want to see that SilureMark
  11. Sohrob

Sohrob Member

[May 22, 2014]
    I would usually advise two weeks to be on the safe side once the car has been shipped.
  12. SilureMark

SilureMark Active Member

[May 23, 2014]
    Once I have it on the drive, I will post some pictures. Audi are now telling me delivery will most likely week commencing 2nd June :sm4:
    Foshiznik likes this.
  13. Foshiznik

Foshiznik Member

[May 23, 2014]
    Look forward to seeing it pal