1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Long To Ship

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by squiretolley, Mar 14, 2013.

1. squiretolley

squiretolley Active Member

[Mar 14, 2013]
    Does anybody know how long it tends to take from leaving Germany to being ready for collection?

Also I'm p/x my car and my dealer's transferring my private plate onto the new car. Does anyone know if this is a particularly lengthy process?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. mjcourtney

mjcourtney Well-Known Member

[Mar 14, 2013]
    Audi officially say you should allow up to 4 weeks from the factory. Things have been moving quite quickly recently so I should think the dealer will have it within 10 days if it's waiting for a ship now.
  4. PjDali

PjDali Member

[Mar 14, 2013]
    might just have been fortunate but I got advised my car was staring build on 11 Feb and it was at the dealers 2 weeks after......was expecting 3-4 weeks and so was the dealer so maybe just be luck if timed right to get on a ship quickly after build as opposed to waiting at a port.....
  5. XXXCorps

XXXCorps Member

[Mar 14, 2013]
    As regards your number plate; just make sure the dealer has your log book and a copy of your tax disc from your current car in good time. They will be able to anticipate the the time to collect with registering your new car so that it's ready when you collect; usually takes up to five working days. The time to ship from Emden to the dealer is a couple of weeks...
  6. squiretolley

squiretolley Active Member

[Mar 14, 2013]
    Cheers guys....I don't think I'll be able to sleep for the next 2-4 weeks!!