How Long To Ship

squiretolley

Reaction score
Does anybody know how long it tends to take from leaving Germany to being ready for collection?

Also I'm p/x my car and my dealer's transferring my private plate onto the new car. Does anyone know if this is a particularly lengthy process?

Audi officially say you should allow up to 4 weeks from the factory. Things have been moving quite quickly recently so I should think the dealer will have it within 10 days if it's waiting for a ship now.

might just have been fortunate but I got advised my car was staring build on 11 Feb and it was at the dealers 2 weeks after......was expecting 3-4 weeks and so was the dealer so maybe just be luck if timed right to get on a ship quickly after build as opposed to waiting at a port.....

As regards your number plate; just make sure the dealer has your log book and a copy of your tax disc from your current car in good time. They will be able to anticipate the the time to collect with registering your new car so that it's ready when you collect; usually takes up to five working days. The time to ship from Emden to the dealer is a couple of weeks...

Cheers guys....I don't think I'll be able to sleep for the next 2-4 weeks!!