How long from build week to on my drive?

JSportback

Reaction score
Website
www.transitionbikes-uk.com
Hi

I have a Sportback TDI SPort on order and have had for about 8 weeks now, my dealer tells me that the build week is 45 (next week), from your collective experience, how long until it is actually at the garage ready for me to pick up?

So how long will I wait from actual build date to pick up?

I hope you can help, I'm sick of waiting! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mine was also 2wks from build to collection date.

Sad news No new car till Monday. Blaming the fact I have a personal plate ! But that will be two weeks from build and exactely 8 weeks from order as they stated so not too bad.

Actually, that is true that a private plate holds up the proceedings..
All cars have to have a form that pre registers them and they need to apply to Audi for the form if the car is to be registered on this for the first time (i.e from new).
They have to fax up the details and then the form comes in the post to them; they then have to take it to the DVLA office in person.

I'm going to own up to something, I nearly cancelled the Audi cos of the delivery time!

See my Fiancee is expecting our first baby anytime now, so I needed a car on the drive.

I found an X Type 2.5 Sport at the local Jag garage at the weekend, it's been a childhood dream to have a Jag see, so I went for it, and cancelled the sportback, the thing is, something stopped me, whether it be the crap Jag residuals or the fact it seems you have to be part of the elite to pass on their finance schemes first time, I decided to stick with my Audi order even though it was quite gutting seeing my childhood dream car sitting there this morning with my private plates on all sparkling with a mesh grill looking mean!

I must say, since I went back in the Audi garage yesterday they have bent over backwards to help, they are going to push the car, which apparently is now built and ready for shipping! I've sorted a car out just incase we need to get to the hospital quickly, so all is well, and I'm still looking forward to owning my Sprtback! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

When we collected our Sportback last Saturday (30th Oct), the dealer said that the UK's allocation for this year had sold out. He said if you ordered one now you wouldn't see it until February. Is there any truth in this, or was he making us feel better for ordering our Sportback a day after the launch?

I would say that what he is saying is true, I know the only reson I am expecting mine is because I ordered in a few days after launch, and managed to get the spec I was looking for only because they already had it preordered for thier showroom!

Mine was ordered two weeks ago and is in build week 48 (last week in Nov). Expecting delivery in mid December.

Steve

Ordered my car July 28th, got it October 13th....

Three weeks it sat at Audi UK while they tried to figure out how to get it on a trailer to Holland (long story)

Audi specify 12-14 weeks delivery time so I could demand or expect nowt.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Mine has been on order for six weeks now. I expect delivery end of December.

Just been to the dealer to see if I could still change my mind about the interior. I though it would be worth it to go with alcantara instead of black cloth. Unfortunately you can't change the specs once the factory has confirmed the order. (usually within two weeks of ordering). Oh well, at least I can now stop constantly changing my mind about specs... I should be happy with my choice:
- A3 sportback 2.0FSI sportline, mauritius blue
- black interior
- Pro line pack(climate, radio/cd, armrest)
- aluminium inlay
- Lights pack
- Licht & Rain sensor
- Heated mirrors
- Alarm
- Nokia carkit

While I was at the showroom this afternoon, they had a red Sportback S-line in the showroom. That confirmed for me that red is definately not a good colour for the sportback.

Have to disagree with red not being a good colour, but there again I'm Biased

I do have to say that the red I saw in the showroom did not look the same as the red of the picture in your sig. The one I saw had a more orangy feel to it. Could it have been the s-line red (Misano?)

No offence /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

None Taken ........ mine is no way orangy! Must be a different one

RedSportback,

How are you enjoying your new car? What spec is it? This is my first Audi and I am getting more and more impatient waiting for it to arrive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I love it. My first Audi as well and a big step up for me. Its just a standard 140Bhp TDi Sport. Only add on is Auto lights and windscreen wipers. I only liked the Brilliant Red or the blue your having..... my girlfriend made the decision and not for the first time made the right one. Superb to drive, quick of the mark and already doing over 50mpg. Brillaint in handling. One thing that was actually pointed out to me by a friend was that it chucks mud from the front wheels down the side and it catches on the rear wheel arch. If it puts mud there it's going to bounce stones and chippings off there as well. So made a phone call this morning and having mud flaps fitted next week. (I hear the gasps from some, but I like my paint to be chip free).

I have just fitted front ones to mine for the winter, plus they are building near me. They are not the best looking mud flaps but will save the paint.

Front mudflapds.. alright, they're standard here (or at least I didn't order one, thought they were standard). Anyway, they save from stone hits pretty much, I don't see a point in installing the rear ones.

Anyway, red looks quite sporty.

- Yak