How long does your heater take to warm up?

Reaction score
Starting from cold with the compressor on, how long does it take for the air to get warm? Mine seems to take ages and never really get hot?

Mine takes about 5-7 minutes, I normally have it set on 24 with econ mode, just coming out of the centre vents and side vents, no feet or windows.

possibly have a faulty thermostat, quite common

Mine definitely takes longer than my Ibiza to warm up - but 3 or 4 mins. 24 - wow, that's hot. I run mine at 20 most of the time in the winter.

Mine takes about 5-7 minutes, I normally have it set on 24 with econ mode, just coming out of the centre vents and side vents, no feet or windows.

But Econ mode just pulls hot air from the engine doesn't it? i.e. not using the air con compressor?

possibly have a faulty thermostat, quite common

Just had the t'stat done and it's solved the engine temp prob (not holding at 90) but it doesn't seem to have affected how hot the air con powered heater gets.

Mine definitely takes longer than my Ibiza to warm up - but 3 or 4 mins. 24 - wow, that's hot. I run mine at 20 most of the time in the winter.

Is this using the compressor or having it set to econ mode as described above?

I use econ mode on the windows and feet at 21 degrees and the warm air starts coming in after about 3-4 mins. Even with econ mode off the compressor still pulls warm air from the engine, it doesn't make its own!

doesn`t the air con switch off below 5 degs anyhow ??? mine takes 5 mins ish but I suppose it depends how cold the car is when you set off ????

doesn`t the air con switch off below 5 degs anyhow ??? mine takes 5 mins ish but I suppose it depends how cold the car is when you set off ????

Yeah the compressor stops working below 5 degs....

On a cold morning mine takes about 4-5mins to warm up...

Yep, at the moment, mine takes a good ten minutes and the engine temp takes ages to hit the middle point...not sure iof the thermostat is messed or the fact the car is due in for a service...

Not long. 3-5 mins for the air to start to warm on econ mode @ 21-22c.

Ok, cheers for responses, it seems mine is operating as normal then. It just seemed to take ages to warm up!