How likely will Audi pay up for this?

Monsoon

Reaction score
I know the most obvious answer is to write a letter to Audi HQ and ask. But...

My A3 is now 9 years old. The fuel pump was changed last month as it kept going into limp mode and losing power (I posted about this at the time - thanks for the replies). I found out a technical service bulletin was issued for this problem a few years ago for my engine type, so obviously Audi know the pump is a weak spot. 5 weeks on all has been fine.

What are the chances of Audi paying up for this? The car has always been serviced at Audi, at the correct intervals, and well looked after. Audi paid up when the car was 6 years old and one of the coils went, as I found out this was a common a problem. But is a goodwill refund on a failed part from a 9 year old car asking too much?

Reactions: Zach1992
You got as much hope as me being able to afford an R8 - zero.

No chance. My letter to H/O followed up by a dealer visit to take photographs of the terrible state of fabric roof on a 4 year old car brought forth an arrogant response gleefully highlighting how as I had not had the car dealer serviced. But if I booked it straightaway for a service it did not need at an unknown cost only then would I be told how Audi UK will deal with my complaint.
Car will be p/exed at first opportunity irrrespective of it's shabby roof and it will be a Merc.SL or BMW Z4 that will replace it.
Ageing Vauxhall Astra have hoods in better condition after 10+ years.