1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how fast is a golf

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by a3kid, Apr 28, 2005.

1. a3kid

a3kid Member

2. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

This has been posted before in the gerneral chat section, but yes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif, that Golf is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif quick!, VR6 twin turbo IIRC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif
  3. lilya

lilya Member

Excellent vid. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I reckon it has been selectively edited though - most of the other cars looked to be taking it quite easy?

Anyone know which circuit it is? Looked abit like Hockenheim I thought. The vid is from a Swiss website, but I believe that they are not allowed to have racetracks in Switzerland by law. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
  4. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

I don't really think that counts as a golf anymore, think if you had a 600BHP S3 with no interior you'd be having a laugh too... and yes, think the driver was a lot better in the golf than the other cars, reminds me of a passenger lap around thruxton in a 360.
  5. Pontio

Pontio Member

that car is half decent... lol but yes apart from that the driver seemed to be driving it like it was stolen it also looked like the only proper track car on there anyway..
  6. pure

pure Member

Woah, nice driving. Wicked vid, nice find.
  7. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

Aye, I'm sure it is Hockenheim too, been round it on GP4 once or twice LOL
  8. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Good vid. Damm quick too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  9. cybrey

cybrey Member

It is hockenheim ... and thats not a golf anymore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  10. bampy

bampy Member

Bit pointless, I assume Capri are a tuning outfit, if they are trying to advertise their wares they did a poor job.

On the twisty bit the Subaru had the far better handling and a one point it was going away.

If they had put a few cars with 500+ BHP in the race it would make sense.

Overall they showed they could make a Golf with 580BHP go fast in a straight line. Fairly easy if you know what you are doing with engines.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif
  11. Leon

Leon Member

whoever was driving the lambo should be banned from driving fast cars forever. I mean, I can take a totally maxxed out golf overtaking an S3, and even a TVR but the top of the range lambo.....do me a favour.
  12. Timbo

Timbo Slowest car ever round the Top Gear track?!?

I like that vid...

Is that Mk3 Golf still fwd? If so can't believe how well it puts the power down!!

I did have a read of the carpi website but my German is conversational at best!
  13. pinkys3

pinkys3 New Member

if you like that get your selves to GTI International , BIG DUB , the golf always runs but it got beaten by a std looking R32 last year, but then he popped the hood and he had a twin turbo conversion on it , but get yourselves there, i should be going
  14. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[ QUOTE ]
    whoever was driving the lambo should be banned from driving fast cars forever. I mean, I can take a totally maxxed out golf overtaking an S3, and even a TVR but the top of the range lambo.....do me a favour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree about the Lambo, he must have been on a cooling down lap, but I dont think that was any std. by far scooby. Handling seems to shout fwd, but then if so it puts the power down remarkably well, and that's not an easy feat to achieve with 500+ bhp.
  15. JayA4Turbo

JayA4Turbo Member

[ QUOTE ]
    if you like that get your selves to GTI International , BIG DUB , the golf always runs but it got beaten by a std looking R32 last year, but then he popped the hood and he had a twin turbo conversion on it , but get yourselves there, i should be going

[/ QUOTE ]

R32 did a 2.98s to 60mph & a 11.02 1/4m!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif