How easy to remove under engine cover with no ramp?

allyp

Reaction score
Hi i managed to drop an extension for my screwdriver when i was changing my headlight bulbs and cant find it im guessing its safe and on the under tray had a good look even removed lower grill and fog suround but no sign of it arrgggh any help please cheers

It will be very hard to remove the lower sump cover/skid plate as you will need to jack the car up some how, there are a number of screw fixing's to undo.

I have taken off my skid tray when I changed my d/v - you will need to jack the front end up for sure, but it's just screws to undo and job done

mmm,i did see quite a few screws lol may just buy a new screwdriver set less hassle only concern was the piece flying into some mechanical bits and bobs shud it be safe on the tray?thanks

Take the tray off mate ten minute job even ask ur local garage 15mins labour at the most
The screwdriver could be lodged sumwhere fatal

might do that m8 piece of mind ,thanks

i feel better now easily done though

Gld you done it. But I was going to say i bought a telescopic stick with a magnet on the end and also an LED bulb at same end. Robert Dyas about £3 or £4. Pretty useful when you need it for something like that!

ive had the same happen to me and all i did was bang it untill it falls out.. you can here where it is if you bang it

I dropped the brake fluid resovoir lid down the dnhine bay on my B6 saloon once, luckily I managed to fish it out of the gap next to the drive shaft.....

Ill have another go at it ,did bang it but no joy theres covers everywhere when i looked lol otherwise its cover off i think