1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How easy to remove under engine cover with no ramp?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by allyp, Jan 30, 2011.

1. allyp

allyp Member

Hi i managed to drop an extension for my screwdriver when i was changing my headlight bulbs and cant find it im guessing its safe and on the under tray had a good look even removed lower grill and fog suround but no sign of it arrgggh any help please cheers

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. CMD

CMD Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

It will be very hard to remove the lower sump cover/skid plate as you will need to jack the car up some how, there are a number of screw fixing's to undo.

4. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD

I have taken off my skid tray when I changed my d/v - you will need to jack the front end up for sure, but it's just screws to undo and job done

5. allyp

allyp Member

mmm,i did see quite a few screws lol may just buy a new screwdriver set less hassle only concern was the piece flying into some mechanical bits and bobs shud it be safe on the tray?thanks

6. Karlos90

Karlos90 New Member

Take the tray off mate ten minute job even ask ur local garage 15mins labour at the most
    The screwdriver could be lodged sumwhere fatal

7. allyp

allyp Member

might do that m8 piece of mind ,thanks

8. deanski

deanski wax on, wax off

i managed to drop the little pop off cover from the engine cover bolts so will have to drag mine off as well. :blush:

9. allyp

allyp Member

i feel better now easily done though

10. crazypainter

crazypainter Member

Gld you done it. But I was going to say i bought a telescopic stick with a magnet on the end and also an LED bulb at same end. Robert Dyas about £3 or £4. Pretty useful when you need it for something like that!

11. vr6gordy

vr6gordy Well-Known Member

ive had the same happen to me and all i did was bang it untill it falls out.. you can here where it is if you bang it

12. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Active Member

I dropped the brake fluid resovoir lid down the dnhine bay on my B6 saloon once, luckily I managed to fish it out of the gap next to the drive shaft.....

13. allyp

allyp Member

Ill have another go at it ,did bang it but no joy theres covers everywhere when i looked lol otherwise its cover off i think