How easy to fit a downpipe?

tyson

Reaction score
i recently brought a downpipe and decat, it fits all 1.8t engines and s3 engine with adaption to the flange, i was just wondering how easy would this be to fit to a 1.8t quattro? i was going to leave the decat off for now as it needs welding on to where the cat ends and i know nothing about welding. would i be able to fit just the downpipe shiown below or would it all need to be fitted together?

!Bv1iBuwCGk~$(KGrHqUOKicEwRUSFuCqBMGPNhPvnw~~_12.JPG

OK mate, it WILL fit a 1.8T engine with a K03.

It will NOT fit an S3. No, no, no, no, no.

That downpipe is for the K03 mate, end of.

Easy to fit on the K03 turbo to be fair, not a bad job at all. It just bolts on. I believe that downpipe comes with gaskets and everything needed to change.

yeah ive got a 1.8t quattro but not the s3 its the 180bhp model. so it should fit? but will the downpipe fit on its own like is there a 3 holed bolt flange to connect onto the standard cat? or will i have to add the decat? and have the decat welded on?

it will in theory fit a 1.8TQ, although you might find it's tight against the prop/transfer housing.

the whole part below has to be fitted, as the downpipe alone will be well short of your cat back system.

anyone know where i could take it to be fitted around middlesex/surrey area as i cannot weld and alot of places are telling me they wont do it.

i am really confused aswell i was told s3's have twin cats and 1.8t's have a single cat, when i looked under my car there was a twin cat like the s3??