How do you revitalise your alacantara steering wheel??!

brixo

Reaction score
Website
www.neilbriscoe.co.uk
My recently acquired 2008 Avant S Line Special Edition II has the lovely (when new!) alacantara gear knob, handbrake and "bits" on the steering wheel.

The handbrake is like new.

As expected, the steering wheel and gear knob are dead and flat and quite grim looking.

Is there any techniques to giving them a bit of life?

Ta.

Wet towel in the microwave then quickly rub the alcantara with and the grime will go...Its easy if you get the microwave oven close to the car on a extension lead...

I use a Maguires drying towel dipped in boiling hot water, wrap it around the Nardia fabric on the gear stick and Steering wheel apply some pressure and rub. You should see some of the dirt transfer to the towel, do a few passes like this and then leave to dry. I dont recommend using leather cleaner it will distroy the Nardia fabric.

Mr Sheens leather cleaner works a treat. I have the exact same problem and use this all the time.

My 2007 car looks brand new!

I use Autosmart Brisk as a dry-foam product, smells amazing and works pretty good too!
Car Valeting Autosmart Brisk Dry Foam upholstery van | eBay

Spray on agrivate GENTLY using a Suede brush like this:
http://www.barratts.co.uk/wcsstore/...etStore/images/products/large/99_977_0085.jpg

Using a microfiber cloth and ensuring the wheel is still damp, wrap it around the steering wheel and give it a 'rub-a-dub-dub' motion.

Repeat until clean / same method on the knob.