1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you reset the ecu mamagemant light ?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by marty1, Oct 9, 2011.

1. marty1

marty1 New Member

[Oct 9, 2011]
    I tried to start the car (tdi) without letting the glow plugs warm up properly, the car didn't start and the glow plug warning light started flashing. I then tried again and let them warm up properly, the car started fine however the engine management light is now permanently on. I am 99% sure that the ecu picked up a fault with my error so i would like to know what i need to do to reset the ecu and get rid of the management light. If the light comes back i will get it looked into but would prefer to clear it and see what happens, seeing as it only came on after my initial error...thanks.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. AudiiduA

AudiiduA Member

[Oct 10, 2011]
    Go on ebay and buy a code reader that can put lights out! mine was about 27 quid!!!
    if not im sure light will go out after about 100 miles or so!! mine did this on my diesel!!!
  4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Oct 10, 2011]
    Code reader is all very well, but that shouldnt cause an engine light just cause you didnt wait, best to find the root of the cause, so vcds/vagcom scan or vas by dealer is best.
  5. marty1

marty1 New Member

[Oct 11, 2011]
    Thanks for the input folks, light was out the following day when i started the car. I never had this warning light before this incident and the car is running as normal since this one issue, will just leave things and see if it comes back at all...