How do you remove the chrome S3 exhaust tips?

Jiten C

Reaction score
Hey guys...

I've tried the search to no avail, i've also taken a peep underneath but can't see anything obvious... is it a matter off just pulling it off? or is it not possible at all?

Thanks
Jit

I'd assume it is possible, but I doubt they'd just pull off

Think someone here posted a pic and there was a square cutout somewhere around the trim, that gave access to the screw of a jubilee clip? But to me, a jubilee clip to hold it on seems a bit weak as they often rust if not covered up (then again, the trim maybe keeps it covered up)

Someone else might confirm

Reactions: Jiten C
If you're looking to buy replacements they are handed 2off LHS and 2off RHS so if you're looking to replace the inner pair you will need one of each.

yeah so i have read the links and i'm still confused... sorry
@veeeight i just see pits in your links lol

I even went out to try and turn them but they are solidly stuck on!

If you're looking to buy replacements they are handed 2off LHS and 2off RHS so if you're looking to replace the inner pair you will need one of each.
i just wanted to take them off and clean them in the warmth off my home :cold:

Reactions: DH81, Rob2k68 and pburv
Lol....
ptafreeze.gif

Reactions: Jassyo06, sjbarneS3, Simon L and 2 others

Stick them in the dish washer with the rest of the stainless.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Jiten C, Simon L and 2 others
I would if i could take the f00kers off!:rage:

When I looked under a couple of weeks back there was a hole about an inch before the end of the tip but I couldn't get under far enough to see directly through it but I suspect it may be an access hole to a grub screw or jubilee clip of some sort.

Reactions: pburv, batch and Jiten C
I tried that... This is what the hole reveals...

Quite shocking how bad the pipes get considering the car is less than 4 weeks old And had the car detailed 3 weeks ago

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Reactions: WarwickL, Jassyo06, pburv and 2 others
Lol - this gif malarkey is pretty hilarious!!!

But I would love to know how to remove my chrome pipes, someone must've had them off!

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Lol - this gif malarkey is pretty hilarious!!!

But I would love to know how to remove my chrome pipes, someone must've had them off!

Try a pair of these mate......................there's pretty much **** all I can't pull off with a pair of marigolds!! lol

38330_marigold-gloves.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Rob2k68
I make that a drain hole?
@Jiten C drop me a PM mate, we may be able to work together!

Could be mate I'm thinking its now a hanging hole for a wire or hook for when it goes through the chroming process.

Anyone tried the twist n go suggested on the other thread ?

Try a pair of these mate......................there's pretty much **** all I can't pull off with a pair of marigolds!! lol

38330_marigold-gloves.jpg
This is worse than my crisp joke! How come this hasn't been removed??? :p

Reactions: Simon L
There's a small Spring/clip at the rear of the tip open it with a flat head screwdriver an knock the tip off

There at the back on the left hand side of the tip will take a pic later on if you don't find it

Hi buddy, please take a pic! Would be useful for anyone looking to do this in the future and for search purposes and me too of course

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Hi buddy, please take a pic! Would be useful for anyone looking to do this in the future and for search purposes and me too of course
+1 for me too..:friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68
..... and me got 2 inner ones on order for when it gets unbearably bad.

c33ccb689f57c7871791ef2b550ba03b.jpg

2ddf671c7cc9a96c63dab94d287da9cd.jpg
6a6bbbfd164fe022c9f737f5a299722f.jpg

Reactions: davc, Rob2k68, Simon L and 1 other person
Any chance you could grab a pic of what the plain pipes look like without the trims please

Reactions: Rob2k68
Hmmm if you have to get under the car to get them off, you may as well just clean them from behind where you can see!!!