How do you remove the beep that apparently happens when going over 100mph?

not that i drive over 100mph often but mine doesn't beep. neither did my 1.6 a3

but if yours does then i guess vagcom will be able to code it out

think youve set the speed limit beeper, you set it at a speed and when you reach that speed it beebs to warn you. Do you get a mph warning sign when it beeps at you? I forget how to switch it off but there is a way

Someone has set the speed warning, it's easy to get rid of if I was with my car I'd tell ya but can't remember off the top of my head

I think you hold the left button down to cancel it, It should put a line through the warning symbol

My speed limit warning turns off when I switch the ignition off?

Yeah, you can set it to anything from 30mph plus. It's normally done by accident when trying to reset the trip meter. Can't remember how you clear it although fairly certain it clears itself once the ignition is turned off.

To quote a friend of mine in the traffic police

"Anything over 90MPH is fair game"

Anyone with 100MPH reminder might want to set it to 90MPH.....Just a suggestion :icon_thumright:

There are two alarms you can set one permanant and one temporary, the temporary one turns off when you take turn ignition off, the other you need to manually cancel, it's in the handbook but i dont have mine to hnd right now

It's the button to the left which you normally set the clock with, not the trip button. I think you press it for more then 2 sec. at speed and it should cancel. If you can't get it to work I can check my manual....

I think you hold the left button down to cancel it, It should put a line through the warning symbol

+1 on that. Mine did the same thing... At santa pod when I hit about 90 mph... Got very annoying... Turns out it was me that set it when I first got the car and didn't realise I'd set it... At Santa pod of course ;)

Ben