1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you remove sidelights bulbs

Audibritz Apr 11, 2013

1. Audibritz

Audibritz Active Member

Bought some Cree bulbs today and had a little look to make sure they are the right ones and I can't seem to fit my hand in there and twist it out?
    Cheers

2. Daemon

Daemon Member

I had the same problem yesterday, did a quick google search and the most popular answer was just yank the two wires that go to them. Worked for me!

3. Macdoon

Macdoon Well-Known Member Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Audi A4 S-line owners group

Unfortunately it is a case of getting hold of the wires and giving them a tug, no twisting needed, I've done them a number of times and it's always daunting lol

4. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 quattro Black Edition s tronic

How about putting them back in again? Is it just a case of lining them up and giving them a shove forward?

5. craichouse

craichouse Member

Say no more...know what I mean?

[​IMG]

6. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 quattro Black Edition s tronic

Hey! :happy:

7. Danny-boy

Danny-boy Active Member

Yeah, it's easier to get them pushed back in with one finger.

Trying to grab them out with 2 fingers is the hard bit, I just pull the wires too.

8. mancdan

mancdan Active Member

I struggled with mine for a few mins but eventually they came out after pulling gently on the wires. They are such a pain in the backside, as are the headlight bulbs.
    Much easier to put back in once you have removed too.