How do you remove hazing?

ajmackie

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi

I have polished my car many times, t-cut, then autoglym super resin polish, but I can't get rid of hazes. I don't know whether hazing is the correct term?

I have a '95 Audi A4 in White (not metallic). When I wash or wash and polish it, it looks mint. But, then at night time you can see loads of hazy swirly marks. I don't know what this is. My mum has a white car and she's owned it all of her life and she has never used an electric polisher so it can't be that. Also if you look straight into the paint closeup you can see lots of really small hazy orange peel effect. I'm sorry i don't know whether that therm is for something else?!

When I bought the car in November, I had it checked and they used a paint meter and told me that it was the original paint except for the bonnet and front bumper. But the bonnet has the swirly hazes too. I think the previous owner must t-cut it and never sealed it!

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to restore the paint to its original gleem? I want it to look mint in the day and night!

Thanks for reading this long winded question! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I appreciate any replies.

I have had the hazing issue on my missus car. It came from T-Cutting it completely then going over in Mer polish. I guess the T-Cut takes off a layer of the paint oxidation and then when you go over it with polish your're buffing up a 'weak spot' as some paint has come off on the car so it doesn't gleam and just looks hazy due to the lack of paint.

The only way I have combatted it, is gone over the car in Meguairs ScratchX and then went over in Gold Class Wax this has made the car gleam again, but the hazing is there but is a shiney haze instead of a dull haze.

Good luck.

Cool, yeah let us know how you get on. Esp if you can get the hazing off.

Cheers

I think I might have sorted the problem???

I just tried a foot squared area of my bonnet. i used a bit of t-cut and auto glym's super resin polish and super gloss. but this time i polished only in straight lines. it looks really shiny in the day and at night you can't see the swirls.
think my problem was with my pilishing technique?

I'm using Car Plan's polishing cloth. Costs £1 from petrol stations!
It's a netted cloth. Very soft!

Could this be a problem? Should I be using a better product?

I would suggest trying the muc off microfibre clothes.

They are a very good microfibre cloth 2 in a pack. I have found them very good for getting polish off.

I would also try using a Meguiars Polish as i think you will be very pleased with the diffrence between Meguiars and Autoglym.

Regards,